Project: Women's Health

Post 1

$u$

First, the application bit:

Name: Pegasus
Researcher No: U54754
Index Page No: A534944
Project Title: Women's Health
Description: A series of articles covering women's health issues (eg menopause, HRP), women's general well-being (eg periods, exercise), and other female topics (eg conception, pregnancy).
Specific Areas: As above - health topics relating specifically to women. (Perhaps a male researcher would consider taking on responsibility for a similar project on 'Men's Health', to create a balance.)
Entry Titles: The Menopause; Periods and the Menstrual Cycle; Sex and Sexual Health; Conception and Contraception; Pregnancy; Giving Birth; Hormone Replacement Therapy; Hysterectomy; Abortion; Exercise for Women; Nutrional Requirements for Women; Skin and Skincare.
Start Date: 12-4-01
Finish Date: 24-5-01

In addition, I also hope to compose entries on 'Alzheimer's Disease' and 'Osteoporosis', which are particularly relevant to women, although they can also affect men. I hope to add extra entries, dependant on the time restriction and voluntary co-researchers. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Now, the questions:

-I'm already in the process of writing 'The Menopause' entry - should I submit this to Peer Review?
-Should/can the individual entries in the project be submitted as each one is completed?
-As I am already a sub-ed, do I still need to recruit one in addition?
-Does the project get some publicity to get it started/how do I recruit other researchers?
-Once I have 'completed' the project (ie submitted an agreed number of entries within the timespan), can I still add further entries at a later date, and if so, how should they be submitted?
-Can I contribute to other University projects (eg Ponies) whilst I am researching my own?
-I have already written a (edited) guide entry on 'Seasonal Affective Disorder' - can/should this be added to The Dept. of Medicine entries?

I think that's about it. I'll look forward to hearing back from you.smiley - smiley

Post 2

Peta

Great idea for a project!

University entries shouldn't be submitted to Peer Review, they go through as a whole group, we can fast-track them that way.

Yes, you need another Sub-ed, even though you are one, but we can help you find one through the Field Researchers/Subs egroups.

You can recruit other Researchers, and/or we can help you. Fragalis might be interested in this subject for instance.

You can add to your project at a later date if you want to extend it, just let me know.

Yes you can contribute to another project at the same time if you like, I'm sure Abi would be delighted if you wanted to contribute to 'Ponies'.

Entries that are already in the Edited Guide can't be added to Uni projects at the moment.

Thanks for volunteering on this subject, its a really good one. I'll add you to the University when I get back to work on Tuesday. smiley - smiley

Post 3

$u$

Thanks Peta.smiley - smiley I'll start looking around for volunteers (press-ganging's still allowed at h2g2, right?)smiley - winkeye

~A~

Thread Moved

Post 4

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'The University Admissions Office' to 'Faculty of Science, Mathematics and Engineering'.

Project: Women's Health - Incomplete

Post 5

Bluebottle

Researcher: U54754 Pegasus

One Edited Entry:
A583238 The Menopause

See also: F74539?thread=111179

<BB<

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more