This is the Message Centre for WINK (and the MArtian Arts Review) sending much LOve to the Masses

necessities

Post 1

WINK (and the MArtian Arts Review) sending much LOve to the Masses

I've been neglecting my journal lately and decided tonight to jot a few more stray thoughts down. I am currently dieting, and for those who have gone through this, you know what I'm talking about when I say *please make it stop*! This, undoubtedly, has been the most difficult 5 days I have ever gone through... but I *have* to do this. My health hasn't been optimal lately. I'm tired. I'm out of shape. I can't keep up with my son, not that if I were in *good* shape I'd be able to anyway. smiley - biggrin I have lower back and joint pain in my ankles. I am basically tired of feeling this way.. and I am determined to do something about it. But it is still quite difficult. I've given up quite a bit in the last 5 days... no caffeine *whatsoever*, no fizzy drinks, no sugar, low fat, low (very low) carbohydrate, high protein, and lots and *lots* of water. I've also been taking nutritional supplements - some digestive enzymes and a multivitamin 2x a day. I've given up alcohol - although I wasn't a terribly big drinker in the first place.. but I have to say SuperBowl Sunday was a lonely place when you're the only one *not* having a brew with the peel and eat shrimpies! *sigh* I've not thrown exercise into the mix quite yet. My body has quite enough to deal with on it's own right now without adding excruciating *pain* as well. smiley - headhurts I've been experiencing terribly headaches and a longing for a big ol' cup of smiley - coffee which was my mainstay for breakfast at work. *heavy sigh* I felt really weak tonight, but trudged through it. It's funny what you feel a necessity, and what your body feels. I *feel* like I need a cup of coffee... but I know my body feels something quite different. It's showing me.. in a *big* way that I really don't need the caffeine.. it's all in my mind. One thing this 5 day experience (and don't think I'm giving up - I'm not... I'm truding through this until I lose the weight I need to... 2 months down I can reward myself once a week - that's something to look forward to smiley - wow..) has taught me is that my necessities run much deeper than a piece of chocolate cake and a cup of vanilla cappuccino. *ahhh* Support. Love. Friendship. Family. Peace. Calm. Those things I *really* need. I think we *all* need. Tonight I felt weak, and I almost fell off this train I'm on. You know, too early to see what you're working on.. too early to see results and the smell of bread baking... It's tough. I thought of friends I've met and know, here and in RL and their journeys and their battles and how they didn't give up. I became stronger. I know I can do this. I know I can overcome this. I know I can do what I've set out to do. Tonight, I just may sleep better than I have in a long time.

*feeling supported, supportive and loved* smiley - hug and smiley - peacesign to all!
smiley - winkeye WINK

necessities

Post 2

the Shee

smiley - hugs back!

Good luck!

necessities

Post 3

WINK (and the MArtian Arts Review) sending much LOve to the Masses

smiley - hugs to you too.
*and thanks*

smiley - winkeye WINK

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for WINK (and the MArtian Arts Review) sending much LOve to the Masses

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more