This is the Message Centre for Researcher Providence

Hi Providence

Post 1

Orcus

Hi and a big welcome to h2g2 smiley - biggrin

I'm an Assistant Community Editor or ACE fro short and we are a group of researchers who have volunteered to go around the site greeting newcomers and helping them get acquainted with the site smiley - smiley
So if you've any questions about this place don't hestitate to ask. In the meantime you might find my page of links useful. You can get to it by clicking on the following link http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A543791

One thing I've already noticed is that you have and tags around the text in your personal space. I suspect you haven't converted your space into guideML. To do this, simply click on the edit button and at the bottom of the text box you will see a 'Change Style' box. Simply click on the guideML cirlce and then click on change style and your homespace will be in guideML. Once you've done this though all your text formatting will disappear so you will need to put all your paragraphs within tags and this will space them out nicely.

Anyway, got to go for now, have a quick smiley - coffee and smiley - donut on me.

Orcus

Hi Providence

Post 2

Researcher Providence

Hello there and thank you for the welcome. Haven't much time right now, but will check out your links soon - I have a feeling this could be adictive.

Just a quick question - how do you do the smiley faces etc? (thanks for the coffee...dougnut will have to wait).

Will work on the "guide" look - this page didn't offer the option to change it (I do remember seeing it on my first posting - went with the policy, if you don't know what it is - don't touch it)

P

Hi Providence

Post 3

Orcus

Smiley faces like smiley - smiley ? Just click on the smiley and you will be connected to the smiley page which explains the codes you type in for them smiley - smiley

Hi Providence

Post 4

Researcher Providence

Hi there ACE Orcus

Yes, just like smiley - smiley! I don't feel like such a smiley - fish out of water now and have managed to upgrade my intro so now it looks a bit better.

Thanks for all the help. Whilst not an smiley - artist yet, at least I am not such a newbie smiley - chick.

Chat soon,
Providence

Hi Providence

Post 5

Orcus

Excellent smiley - biggrin

Like you I've never been a member of any other web community or chat forum - this is sooo much better than anything else I've seen - gld you like the place smiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Researcher Providence

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more