This is the Message Centre for crazy.liverpool.lass

Welcome Researcher 182295 ...

Post 1

Feisor - -0- Generix I made it back - sortof ...

Welcome to h2g2 Liverpool Lass - if you would like to give yourself a name (numbers can be a little impersonal - and hard to remember smiley - laugh) you can do so by hitting the "preferences" button on your screen. If you are viewing in "goo" (dark blue background) the button is at the left hand side nestled in the goo - don't know where it is in alabaster (white background) cause I'm a goo fan - but I am sure that you will find it there somewhere smiley - biggrin

My name is Feisor and I am an ACE (Assistant Community Editor) here at h2g2.

We ACEs are here to assist new researchers so if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.
You can leave a message on my space just by clicking on my name at the top of this message or by hitting the reply button button below - it won't hit back (usually).

The "Italics" (they are the people who run this place - so-called because their names are displayed in bold italics - God Bless 'Em) have left a message for newcomers at
http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/Welcome-Newcomers
it's got a lot of the basic background and how-tos that you will need - a good place to start

If you want to explore try Sheas List of links

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A534953
or

Jeffs Welcome Page
http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A579431

Both are great places to begin your journey . I am sure that you will love this community as much as we do smiley - biggrin There's lots of things to see, clubs to join and people to meet - please don't be shy - just jump right in - this is a friendly place. But be careful - it can become quite addictive - believe me I know smiley - laugh

smiley - cheers

Enjoy!!
Have fun!!!
and above all DON'T PANIC!!!

Feisor

Post 2

crazy.liverpool.lass

HELLO AGAIN :@)
IF U WANT TO WRITE A PIECE HOW DO U DO SO FROM SCRATCH...MEANING TO TITLE AND WRITE A NEW PIECE INSTEAD OF REPLYING TO ANOTHERS WORK??? I HAVE REPLIED TO A PIECE ON COGNITIVE PSYCHOLOGY, I THINK MY ADDITION IS INFORMATIVE FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN THIS AREA AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO POST THIS SO THAT ITS AVAILABLE FOR PEOPLE TO FIND EASILY IN THE GUIDE! IS THISPART OF THE EDITING PROCESS? AND IF SO HOW DO I GET SOME ONE TO LOOK AT IT AND DECIDE IF ITS WORTH EDITING IF ITS WRITTEN AS A REPLY O SOMEONE ELSES WORK AS AN ADENDUM CONTAINING MORE INFORMATION??? THANX FOR YOUR HELP...IN ANTICIPATION :@)
PS. YOUR RIGHT, THIS IS VERY ADDICTIVE AND I FIND THE TOPICS AND LEVELS OF WRITING TO BE INFORMATIVE VARIED AND INTELLIGENTLY WRITTEN! IT IS A JOY TO CONVERSE WITH PEOPLE INSTEAD OF INDULGING IN MEANINGLESS CHATTER, AND AM LOOKING FORWARD TO LEARNING HOW TO EXPRESS MYSELF IN A MORE CONSTRUCTIVE AND INFORMATIVE MANNER.

Post 3

I'm pleased that you like the place smiley - biggrin
I hope that you won't mind if I give you a few hints ....

First of all (and please don't take this the wrong way smiley - smiley ) - you will probably get a better reaction if you don't post in all capital letters - on the net (and at h2g2) it's considered shouting aand can be misinterpreted ... we tend to use caps only if we want to stress a point.

If you want to write an article for the Guide - the best place to start is at http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A317521 to see how we do it here and what processes you need to follow.

And you really should look around and see whether an article has already been written on the subject that you are considering - you can use the search window for that .... have a look at what's there and get a feeling for what the editors are looking for.

Lastly ... get to enjoy some of the "meaningless chatter" there IS a lot of it here - but (thank goodness) at least it's interesting/witty/intelligent meaningless chatter smiley - laugh But you ARE right - you will get out of this place just what you put in smiley - cheers

And most importantly - as I said - Have Fun!!!

Post 4

crazy.liverpool.lass

thanx! lol...guess i shud learn to walk before i run...trouble is im having FUN! get enuf chat on ld...am looking for mental stimulation now! :@)

Post 5

You are doing fine ... I notice that you took my first advice smiley - ok that's great !!

If you want mental stimulation why not pick a subject that you are interested in and join the discussion? The front page will tell you what people are talking about - just hit the "h2g2" button on your page - I promise you that it won't be mindless chat - unless you want it to be smiley - laugh (there are lots of parties happening here all the time) - there are also lots of stimulating debates going on.

I think it's a great idea just to wander around and get the feel of the place first - just settle back and take it slow smiley - biggrin We've been here for a few years and intend to be here for a looong time - so there's no rush smiley - cheers

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for crazy.liverpool.lass

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more