This is the Message Centre for Sea Change

Chavs in California, oh my!

Post 1

Sea Change

There's two clothing shops, and they advertise in the gay publications. They aren't quite fashionable. Maybe they are thinking that the high price will make us buy?

Post 2

Snailrind

Hoodies, tracksuits and Burberry caps?

Post 3

Sea Change

Yup, with Union Jacks on some of them, so you can *tell*.

What's even more surprising, is that I was walking past one of the most fashion forward queershops in town just the other day, and their entire window was full of chavstuff. So I was wrong, it IS fashionable here, or will be soon.

Post 4

Snailrind

smiley - rofl

Post 5

Snailrind

Interestingly, you don't get (openly) gay chavs in Britain. Not that I've come across, anyway.

Post 6

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

Chav-style is quite popular in some gay clubs though, presumably in an 'ironic' sort of way.

smiley - ale

Post 7

Snailrind

Ah. I don't frequent clubs. Except the occasional poetry club.

Post 8

Sea Change

Some of the stuff I am seeing is pure synthetic. No way are you going to dance (on E) all night in this stuff without some serious sloshy sweatily suffering. What we all must do for beauty...

Post 9

Snailrind

Wow, authentic synthetic! smiley - diva

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Sea Change

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more