This is the Message Centre for <drowning...not waving!>

Drowning..

Post 1

Jack T.Ladd

Have you really been close to drowning? No wonder you have such a gooood outlook on life..you have to see, and realise how close death can be, to really appreciate what life is, I suppose...only the very enlightened achieve understanding without stepping up to the edge of the darkness that is death. Maybe you feel that death is another begining...maybe it is. I fear though, it is only an end. In which case, lets make the best of our time hear anyway..we have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Where did I put those wine cases?
I am looking forward to reading more on your insights into Life, The Universe and Everything ...in the 'guide'

Drowning..

Post 2

<drowning...not waving!>

Yup...twice. You'd think I would have gotten the message the first time eh?

I'll get around to jumping into the guide...I'm just testing the waters for the moment (errrm...so to speak<s&gtsmiley - winkeye

Drowning..

Post 3

Ed

But Jack, how can you make the best of your life?
How do you know happiness is what life's for?

Drowning..

Post 4

Jack T.Ladd

Ed.how can I make the best of my life? Well, I can't ever truly make the best, as the grass is always nicer just over .yup just there! I can just about see it..no darn gone again.. But I endevour to get the most out of it I can, through doing 'things' that give me pleasure (getting drunk and falling over) and through the happiness in others, that perhaps something in my existence has caused.

I know life is not for anything perhaps as trivial as happiness...check out the news to see that..but we live life with the cards fate has dealt us and, I suppose so far, fate has been pretty good to me(could be better though..are you listening up there?)But to have happiness in any small measure is not too bad a thing to have an to want eh?

Drowning..

Post 5

Ed

Hmm...
I'm wondering how come, just because humans prefer happiness and have a tendancy to opt towards being happy, we should try to be happy (do you follow? smiley - smiley)

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for <drowning...not waving!>

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more