A Conversation for Creating Great Fancy Dress Costumes

Food and Face Paint

Post 1

GentleZacharias

Halloween's my favorite holiday, so it always ends up very elaborate. One year I was a T-bone steak--a friend helped me make a chicken wire frame and cover it with foam rubber and spray-paint it pink and red, and then I cut a hole in the middle, painted my face white and was the bone.

Another thing I've learned--regular face paint is silly because if you sweat while you're out or if you get wet, it runs off. I discovered the solution accidentally--Food coloring. Food coloring dyes the skin, doesn't rub off, not even if it gets wet, and does really great, brilliant colors. Fifteen minutes of concentrated scrubbing and soap will get it off once you're through. I have used blue (When I was Queen Maeve one year) and combined a lot of colors and dyed myself black, green and red (succubus). I swear by this method. smiley - biggrin
-Rivaine
smiley - booksmiley - geek

Key: Complain about this post

Food and Face Paint

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more