A Conversation for Creating Great Fancy Dress Costumes

Bunch of Grapes

Post 1

purplejenny

Wear green.

Blow up lots of green ballons.

With help from a friend, use masking tape to attatch the ballons all over your body.

This outfit is *extremely* silly, but thats the whole point of it. (Thanks to my mate Janice, who invented this brilliantly stupid outfit.)

pj

Bunch of Grapes

Post 2

Kandyman - Keeper of Old Buses

Just make sure your partner isn't going as a porcupine

Bunch of Grapes

Post 3

Carole - Fans' Forum Host

I did this one with purple balloons, a felt collar of large leaves tied onto a green ribbon and smaller leaves round each wrist! It was hilarious and went down really well with my son's friends who spent the evening chasing me fighting over the grapes as they dropped off.

TIP: Toilet cubicles and taxis can be challenging.

Thanks for the idea.

Bunch of Grapes

Post 4

purplejenny

wow!

great - I'm glad someone else gave it a go. Happy Shopper, I can imagine that taxis and toilets would be almost impossible.

Glad you had some fun with it!

pj

Bunch of Grapes

Post 5

planetgillrocks

had a great night with this last minute idea. The kids loved it so much that by the end of the night I had been eaten - so to speak!
To overcome the toilet issue, I used a green boilersuit.

The only issue I had was buying enough packets of balloons abd seperating out the green ones! We used string fastened to safety pins to attach the balloons to the suit once I had it on.

Bunch of Grapes

Post 6

purplejenny

hooray!

Thank Janice for the grapes outfruit. It's sweet!

smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more