A Conversation for Creating Great Fancy Dress Costumes

On the subject of *fancy* dress....Dead Ballerina

Post 1

Researcher Arian

No, honestly, I pulled this one off, and it worked well. What you need:

-A really great little black dress
-White face paint (if you aren't naturally white enough, that is), and dark eyeliner
-Comfortable shoes that conform to your feet. (Don't do real ballet shoes; you'll be miserable. Get something *like* them. They're sometimes called "China Slippers" here in the States.)
-Stockings(Preferably ones that all ready have runs in them)
-A bit of mud or dirt and some fallen leaves (which makes it a perfect costume for those autumn parties you didn't know about until half an hour before you were to arrive....oh, never mind.)

Put it all together about like you would expect: don the stockings, dress, and slippers. Add white face paint and dark eyeline for lips, the hollow of your cheeks, and lips. If you have long hair, the classic "ballerina" bun works well.

Now -- go get dirty, and be convincing about it. Take some straight pins and attach leaves to your dress, stockings and hair.

It's a bit obscure, I know, but great fun to watch people try and guess. And don't think it's just for the ladies, either. One of my male friends did beautifully with it.

Post 2

Researcher 206692

I am going to try a variation on the theme - a dead geisha - this year at our upcoming Halloween party. Will let you know how I get on.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more