A Conversation for The Seven Wonders of the World

A601093 - The Seven Wonders of the World

Post 61

Titania (gone for lunch)

I think I'll let the editor think about it - got to leave *something* for him/her to do, right?smiley - winkeye

Post 62

Orcus

*Thinks about the final edited entry*

The Great Pyramid, Giza

Big and pointy

smiley - biggrin

Post 63

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

Has anybody perhaps thought of making a h2g2 University Project out of this? The Faculty of History would be the place for the whole thing smiley - smiley

Bossel

Post 64

Titania (gone for lunch)

Anybody? *looks around desperately* You mean ME?!

Post 65

Err... yes! Why not you? I wasn't sure whom I should adress because there are several researchers involved smiley - winkeye

Post 66

Titania (gone for lunch)

smiley - erm I was sort of hoping for volunteers to add... and they have, believe me... Gnomon has written an entry on the Pyramid, and Bumblebee has already written an entry on the Colossus as well as the Gardens - a busy little Bee indeed...smiley - biggrin

Post 67

Mr. Cogito

I would like to echo Bossel's suggestion. The amount of coverage on this area (3 out of 7 already filled in) suggest that it would only take a little bit of extra work to fill this out as a supper Universitry project. Then you could ensure there would be proper linking between the entries, a good level of consistency, and they would all be incorporated into the Guide together (university entries are not done through Peer Review). I would suggest to any Scouts here that they delay picking any of these entries until a decision about whether it should become a university project is made (they're really great, but we like to keep University projects separate from Peer Review). Also, can anybody who's been through the University process please advise? Thanks.

Post 68

Mr. Cogito

that should read, super University project. It's not supper time yet. smiley - blush

Post 69

Titania (gone for lunch)

Hmmm... mind if I look into that tomorrow - I've got a party to attend to!smiley - flyhi

Post 70

Mr. Cogito

No, you have to do it right this instant or I'll get quite cross! smiley - winkeye

Post 71

Kristina the Flamenco Dancer - PS of Duende, Muse

*sweeping in*

Back off, Mr Cogito, or else.. *throws blazing looks*

Post 72

Mr. Cogito

Ah I'm just kidding, although blazing looks are always somewhat fetching. It can wait until next week. Have a great weekend everybody!

Post 73

Mr. Cogito

So what do the authors and any real scouts think about this becoming a University project? I'm just a former scout with delusions of gradeur myself, so I'm curious about what the powers that be feel. smiley - winkeye

Post 74

Orcus

*looks important*

*fails miserably* smiley - winkeye

Up to Titania I reckon. Dunno how it would work though as there is already an edited (admittedly rather poor) article on the Hanging gardens of Babylon.

Bye for now...

Orcus

Post 75

Ooops, it already *is*. The Uni admission thread is at http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/F42014?thread=134140 , so now it's time to move the PR threads back to their respective entries.

Thread Moved

Post 76

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review' to 'The Seven Wonders of the World'.

Thread Moved

Post 77

Gnomon - time to move on

I personally like to contribute articles through Peer Review, rather than as University Projects. I see that this has been turned into a project while I was away on an extended coffee-break, taking my Great Pyramid article with it. Fair enough. I only wrote the pyramid article because Titania asked me to. But I hope that it doesn't mean that the articles we've already written will sit there forever because no-one volunteers to write the articles on the other four wonders.

Thread Moved

Post 78

Titania (gone for lunch)

*smiley - run in*

Sorry Gnomon, it's all my fault, putting my entry up as a University project, and mentioning your and Bee's entries - but I *did* tell them I got very busy RL and asked them to 'please hold' - I thought that would give me time to check with you and Bee if it was alright with you to have your entries added as part of the project (sorry again, but I've been way too busy in RL lately) - but obviously it didn't give me the time...smiley - blue

I truly *am* sorry, Gnomon - just let me know if you want to keep your Pyramid entry in the Peer Review - I'll ask them to put it right back!

Thread Moved

Post 79

Gnomon - time to move on

Titania,

The fault was not yours, so you need not apologise. I wrote my article because you asked me to. I hereby donate it to the project. Do with it as you will.

G

Thread Moved

Post 80

Bumblebee

I have started to read about The Temple of Artemis at Ephesus. I'll see if I can make something out of it.. smiley - smiley
We're not giving up now, are we?

Key: Complain about this post