A Conversation for 'The Hole' - the Film

The Hole!!!!!!!

Post 1

Silent Bob

Slightly sillily i have been able to terrify someone i live with merely by saying "The Hole!!!!!!" in an ominous voice. She really didn't like the film (well...after she first saw it she said it was great but scary, then she just changed her opinion to scary). Its also weird that she can quite happily sit through the entire Alien series without a quibble, but will get scared at Sixth Sense and House on Haunted Hill (the remake).

The film is good, very deceptive, but a bit too similar to the insanely low budget Cube, which it resembles in some ways (Cube has 2 more people and special effects, but the central principle of a group of people trapped within a confined structure trying to escape is essentailly the same (some more comparisons could be made, but then that's venturing into spoiler territory for both films).

I still recommend it, and was like several other people confused by at first the ad campaign and then the actual film. The advertisments had managed to show the film as a generic American teen thriller, so it was something of a shock to start watching the film, and see landscape that looked like it was either French or the UK. It turned out to be the UK. I'm not sure if it would have got more or less interest if it had been clearly presented as a UK based film...

Key: Complain about this post

The Hole!!!!!!!

More Conversations for 'The Hole' - the Film

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more