A Conversation for World's Most Beautiful Buildings

Parliament House, Australia

Post 1

Almighty Rob - mourning the old h2g2

This is perhaps the most beautiful building in the world. Set into a hillside, it goes further underground than above. It maintains the symbolic white pillars of democracy in a modern marble design.

I love it, and *yay* I'm working for an MP so in September he's flying me over to Canberra, so I'll see it again!

Moderators - please leave this link intact, it's an official government site for the Parliament House - [URL Removed by Moderator]

There's a good photo of the building on the website.

Post 2

Please note:

The following link will take you outside the BBC site. It is not owned, endorsed, related or probably even liked by the BBC. If you are offended or upset by anything you see on this site, don't blame the BBC, its staff, their family and friends, h2g2, its researchers, their family and friends, Douglas Adams or anyone related to any of the aforementioned in any way, because they have nothing to do with it.

[URL Removed by Moderator]

If this link is moderated, it will become clear that the House Rules are being applied in a ridiculous manner, contrary to the spirit of the Guide and the legal restrictions imposed on it by the BBC. I mean, come on guys, let's be reasonable!

Post 3

Tashalls, Muse of Flights of Fancy (Losing Weight at A858170)

Obviously "reasonable" does not form part of their vocabulary?

I agree, moderation is being taken to ridiculous heights...

It's a pity the URL keeps getting "moderated" (ie removed) as Parliament House is quite a sight. Very controversial when it was first built.

Post 4

I agree.

I started work today :-] and it's a magnificent building. Modern, functional, symbolic, practical, environmentally friendly, expandable, it's got it all.

And the Opera House was controversial, too, but now it's an internationally recognised symbol of Australia's national identity.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more