A Conversation for World's Most Beautiful Buildings

Eiffel Tower

Post 1

aliashell

Is it a building or just a structure? I don't know but it certainly beautiful. Also in Paris you have The Louvre, Musee D'Orsay, Sacre Couer and The Arc de Triumph, amongst many others, which are, in my humble opinion, amongst the reasons that Paris is the most architecturally stunning city in the world.

The Louvre

Post 2

Kandyman - Keeper of Old Buses

What I particularly like about the Louvre is the glass pyramid. I like the way the French can combine modern architecture with traditional unlike here in the UK, where putting a modern building alongside and old one is regarded as a worse crime than murder!

The Louvre

Post 3

CrazyOne

Actually, I thought a lot of people whined about what I.M. Pei did to the Louvre with the pyramid entrance. It's not exactly a blend of old and new, but a contrast can be interesting too.

To see I.M. Pei's pyramid design taken to more extreme, check out the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, Ohio, USA.

Interesting that we don't have many modern high-tech buildings coming up. I have one in mind; I'll give it its own new conversation.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more