A Conversation for Undergoing an Anorectal Physiology Test and Proctogram

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 41

Malabarista - now with added pony

Difficult choice, yes, not one I'd like to be faced with smiley - yikes But probably getting everything out of the way at once is a good idea, else you'll just have a lot more recovery time. smiley - erm

Post 42

AlexAshman

Don't worry about it being day surgery, Evadne - the surgery isn't abridged or anything, it's just that they'll bring you in early in the morning and then send you home later that day, assuming you're fit to be discharged.

Post 43

Moving On

You mean I *could get it all done in one fell swoop Alex? (I take it that's what you mean by surgery not being abridged?)

That'd be a Good Thing.

I'll well used to being brought in early, and sent home later on in the day from all the stuff I've had done on my back (facet joint injections, denervations) and stuff; abalations, etc etc)

I assumed I'd be in a couple of days at least, because every time I get admitted for the bottom-y end of things I'm kept in for 2 or 3 days afterwards as a rulesmiley - erm

Post 44

AlexAshman

Nope, that's not what I mean smiley - doh

I mean that as a day surgery case you'll get the same surgery as you would if you were an inpatient - they probably need to do it in two steps anyway. The only difference is that they chuck you out later that day. smiley - evilgrin

Post 45

Moving On

Oh... I know it's the same standard of surgery whether you're a day patient or an in patient - that's not the issue!

It's the lack of aftercare and hot and cold running nurses that's the problem! I've no-one at home to look after me and wipe my fevered brow etc etc *afterwards" (Both sons are out all day - one at work,and one at college)

And housework, contrary to my sons' belief does *not get done by the little pink fairies, and nor does the cooking!

But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

We usually muddle thru reasenably alright

Post 46

AlexAshman

smiley - ok

Post 47

aka Bel - A87832164

Hi. smiley - smiley

I've been given this fascinating entry to sub-edit and you can find the new version here: A30924290

The entry is referring to 'this Researcher' frequently, does this mean I should remove Alex' name from the researcher list?

Under the header 'Anal Pressure Measurements' it says: If the catheter withdrawal test.... - but this has not been mentioned before, at least not under this name - any suggestions?

Bel

Post 48

AlexAshman

As for the first point, it's up to Evadne whether my name is on the Entry - the sentence "One h2g2 Researcher has experienced both the above tests" explains the use of the phrase "this Researcher" in the italics sections later on.

As for the catheter withdrawal bit - I think that's a mistake I made in rearranging parts, so that sentence should just start "The doctor may opt"

Alex smiley - smiley

Post 49

aka Bel - A87832164

OK, Alex, thank you. Anything else, or can I hand it back to the eds once I've changed that?

Post 50

AlexAshman

Nothing else from me smiley - ok

Post 51

aka Bel - A87832164

Great, in that case I'll trust your writing and (proof)reading skills and send it to room 101. smiley - winkeye

Post 52

AlexAshman

smiley - cheers

Post 53

Moving On

See Entry ID: A60678507 for the on going sequel.

I can do with any support I can get right now... but if I get "There there there'd" I will probably snarl... or dissolve into tears so be...cautious perhapssmiley - winkeye

Post 54

AlexAshman

Good luck with it smiley - smiley

One thing though - you'll still be passing wind, it'll just be a tad quieter...

Post 55

Moving On

smiley - laugh

Alex... ladies don't pass wind; they don't admit to that sort of thingsmiley - whistlesmiley - winkeye

And as for a tad quieter.... I wouldn't bank on it....being no lady I have always been an honest farter.

Besides; I don't have a dog.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Undergoing an Anorectal Physiology Test and Proctogram

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more