This is the Message Centre for Jonny

Jonny's Guestbook

Post 1

Jonny

OK, so I've had a guestbook for a while, but if you've ever signed it you'd realise it creates a new conversation all the time! This time, the guestbook should reply to this thread.

Jonny

Jonny's Guestbook

Post 2

Jonny

Ooh it works! smiley - biggrin

Jonny's Guestbook

Post 3

cybersimon

Happy Birthday 17th I guess
now you can put the lego away and get a car.

Jonny's Guestbook

Post 4

Jonny

Thanks Simon!

Yes, it is my 17th Birthday!

Yep, looking forward to driving (I've had a few lessons already, see my journals for info about that smiley - winkeye!), but I think I'll keep the lego out! smiley - biggrin

Jonny

Jonny's Guestbook

Post 5

Felonious Monk - h2g2s very own Bogeyman

Hi Jonny
Just a message to let you know I haven't forgotten about GuideDog: I've shafted my PC at home and so things have come to a temporary halt. I'll be in touch when I get on line again.

ATB
The FM

Jonny's Guestbook

Post 6

Jonny

Hi FM,

I was going to email you to say I'm quite bust at the moment so I've not done too much more. However I've changed that GuideMLPreview to MDI with Goo now nearly working!

I'll mail it to you soon.

Jonny

Jonny's Guestbook

Post 7

Felonious Monk - h2g2s very own Bogeyman

It's my internet connectivity that I've buggered up, so I'm probably not going to be in a position to look at it until next week-ish.

I think that I know how to edit footnotes dynamically. IE 6.0 allows the use of dynamic properties in elements. These can include the value property of other tags e.g. the number of an item in an ordered list. So all we need to do is create an ordered list at the bottom of the document, and set anchors in the main body of the document which reference this property. On adding an element to the list the tags should update automatically, I hope!

Most of the other formatting functions are now working. I do have problems with some foreign character entities. I haven't yet had a chance to look through the code you sent to see how you deal with these. Any suggestions?

FM

Jonny's Guestbook

Post 8

MaggyW

Hi Jonny,

I LOVE Black Books. I also love I'm Sorry I haven't a Clue. Great stuff.

I'm sure you'll soon have your 360 space looking totally brilliant. It's pretty impressive as it is.

smiley - angel

Jonny's Guestbook

Post 9

Jonny

My 360 space just looks slightly cluttered at the moment! I've got too many SITEFILTERs. I'll get time to sort it out soon.

I'm very interested in what's happening over at 360, and I keep lurking to see what's happening there. smiley - biggrin

Keep up the good work Maggy!

Jonny's Guestbook

Post 10

MaggyW

Thanks,

It's especially fun this week as both Sam and Ashley are on holiday and I'm trying to teach myself how to put a video up on the holistic health site! Watch this space!

smiley - cheers

Jonny's Guestbook

Post 11

Ancient Brit

Hi Jonny
To show you that the lessons you gave me on E G Mel's space have been leaned try <./>F88822?thread=193525&skip=&show=#p2167485</.>
Hope it works. Talk to you later.
Ancient Brit

Jonny's Guestbook

Post 12

Jonny

Well done! That is post number 3 made by you about 80's computers! Am I right? smiley - biggrin

That just bought back memories of my ZX Spectrum I had when I was about 7! smiley - biggrin

Jonny's Guestbook

Post 13

Ancient Brit

Good to know Jonny. That's where I aimed you.
I didn't realise that the ZX Spectrum was avaiable 10 years ago.
Your space tells me you are 17 ?
The Spectrum you had must have been a few years old. smiley - ok

Jonny's Guestbook

Post 14

Jonny

Actually, my Dad just told me we got a Spectrum in 1988, (when I was 3) which I actually started programming in BASIC from a book I found! We then bought an Amiga in 1991. (Which I never got round to working out how to program!)

Jonny's Guestbook

Post 15

Ancient Brit

You've certainly done OK with that intro.
Just thing what you might have done if you had a Beeb smiley - smiley

I'm looking at Visual Basic using a no frills edition from a magazine.
Which Edition have you got ?

Jonny's Guestbook

Post 16

Jonny

I bought quite recently Visual Studio 6. It's quite expensive but I managed to get it on a student licence for about £70.
I was tempted by .NET, which is the latest version, but at the time I only had Windows 98, which wouldn't run it!

At the moment I'm using VB6 to program GuideDog, which you can find details of at A745887smiley - smiley

Jonny

Jonny's Guestbook

Post 17

Ancient Brit

What an ambitious project Jonny. I'm afraid I'm not in your league.
If I were I would jump to join in. You seem to have got the eye of some of the big boys smiley - smiley. I'll certainly follow your progress with great interest. For what its worth as a Newbie just moving in to GuideML I spent time trying to find if anything was available off line. The nearest I got was GuidePost and I can't work out how to use that effectively so I just stick to editing directly on line.
I wish you the very best in your endeavours.

kev's Guestbook

Post 18

Scarlet Woman

Type your message here.

Hello Kevo, I am very impressed with your page - esp. the flying spacey bit. I think I am too old to learn how to do all that stuff!

Nice fishes too - I live by the sea - so we just fish for mackerel - not much skill needed for that - or maggots or worms, thank god! This Scarlet Woman does not like slimey things!

Bye

kev's Guestbook

Post 19

Jonny

Hi Scarlet Woman!

I think this post got redirected to my page accidentally. Could you please point me to the user number of Kev?

Jonny

Jonny's Guestbook

Post 20

U195780

Would you respond please?

Key: Complain about this post