A Conversation for Slough

Slough revolution

Post 1

Researcher 49327

While I can't provide you with the exact details, I believe Slough itself was the site of mini revolution - where the general populus built barricades and declared themselves as an autonomous state before being surpressed by the Army. Now I can't remember if this was done as a communist act sometime in the early part of this century, or if it was more of an anti-enclosure event - whatever the circumstances I think it still holds true that places like Slough will be the ones putting others up against the wall...come the revolution.

Slough revolution

Post 2

Merkin

More's the pity. I'd like to see Slough put up against the wall well before the revolution, even if they are a bunch of marxist reactionaries, it's no excuse.

Slough revolution

Post 3

Aaron

I'd have to agree. And unfortunately, I've lived in Slough all my life. smiley - wah

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Slough

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more