This is the Message Centre for Whoami - iD dislikes punctuation

BeOS

Post 1

DoctorMO (Keeper of the Computer, Guru, Community Artist)

I've heard of BeOS and would like to know more.

-- DoctorMO --

BeOS

Post 2

Whoami - iD dislikes punctuation

BeOS 5 PE is free and sits in half a gig of your Windows drive - check
[URL removed by moderator]
to see if your kit is supported, then it's a free download. Particularly check for a supported graphics card, because while the system looks great, it is not very nice in 640*480 greyscale, which is what I have to use because the only support available for GeForce 2 cards at the moment must be installed from under Linux...

Hope that helped. Also, for some software, check out
[URL removed by moderator]
Most of it is Open Source or Freeware...
When there is no more space in the half-gig, you can still access your Win drive from within BeOS... smiley - online2long, must go to games now...

BeOS

Post 3

Researcher 177402

Hold on... DoctorMO? is that you from a certain message board with jeni adrian ken and the others? God i miss that... here's where you say it's someone else, but hi anyway! smiley - smiley
Chris

BeOS

Post 4

I just emailed the author and he says the driver can be run from BeOS. It works now. No problem!!!

BeOS

Post 5

Boards have moved quite a bit scince then... but BeOS is dead and no more. Damb! back to Linux then!

-- DoctorMO --

BeOS

Post 6

BeOS isn't dead... http://open-beos.sourceforge.net/
It does need our support though - I'm going to write a bit for the EG on it soon...

Whoami? smiley - cake

BeOS

Post 7

I thought the guys behind it whent bust? *looks as if he's wrong again*

-- DoctorMO--

BeOS

Post 8

The guys behing BeOS sold out to Palm, who aren;t doing much visible with it. OpenBeOS (OBOS) are starting again from scratch, building in BeOS 5 compatability. And places like BeBits are still running - check out the link. See http://www.be.com/ for the fate of Be Inc.

Whoami? smiley - cake

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Whoami - iD dislikes punctuation

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more