This is the Message Centre for thestranger

First entry

Post 1

thestranger

ok, now i am here. Its a few days after Dougs death and i am still depressed. I made a condolence entry in his tribute section on www.douglasadams.com:

"Please rewinde these days!

Oh no no, this is definitely not funny at all. This is sad, and unfair, and it's all the wrong person! S**t, this is just so depressing. I really feel for your family, Douglas. It's not your fault, anyway. But this world lost so much with you. In all your books you spread hope: Hope for an insane world with insane, cold people, hope for the creatures these people are killing without thinking. You never gave up this hope, i think the person you liked us all to be like is Dirk Gently, always caring, never giving in to the mad, cold and cynic people around you. You never were a cynic, the mild irony and arrogance saved your ideals. I will hold them up...after a proper time of grieving.

Bye,

Jens"

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for thestranger

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more