A Conversation for Airline Ticket Counters (USA)

A551396 - Airline Ticket Counters

Post 1

Intuitive Pancake

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A551396

I would respectfully like to submit my first entry for review. I
believe that it contains valuable information for any persons
travelling via air in the United States.

Post 2

thespian

some spelling issues that should be fixed. since it does deal specifically with US travel, should the topic reflect that? or could an australian or british Researcher attest that this is how it works there? This is pretty much how it works in Canada, too.

Post 3

Metal Chicken

Errm, it's actually pretty clearly stated that this is based on the US airline industry - but it sounds very familiar to me from a British viewpoint.
I like the article, both its content and your helpful, friendly tone. I've had several expereinces of cancellations, rescheduling and bumping and remembering the belligerent attitude of some aggrieved passengers I don't envy you your job!
A couple of minor spell-checks (I feel I have to find something to nitpick at just so I can say I've given you a fair critique).
1. You have 'canceles' instead of 'cancels' in your paragraph beginning 'Should the flight that canceles....'
2. You have a 'be' instead of a 'been' when you say '...paperwork has already be completed'.
3. You have a couple of uses of 'insure' where you probably meant 'ensure' unless this is a UK/US English thing.

Nitpicking over smiley - winkeye

Good luck with this one
MC

Post 4

Jeremy (trying to find his way back to dinner)

One of the standing rules for Guide Entries that go into the Edited part is that they should not be written in first person. There are exceptions, esp. if an Entry is obviously and deliberately based on first hand knowledge and experience. That is the case here imho.

And now for something completely official:

smiley - ok
You'll be glad to hear that your excellent entry has now gone into the Editorial Process for future inclusion in the Edited Guide. This means that the day will come when your Entry will be featured on the Front Page. Please keep in mind that the Sub-Editors are only humans (that's what I've been told smiley - winkeye) and that the Editorial process may take some time. You'll be informed by Email when your Entry has made it.

I mentioned the first hand thing when I picked this Entry, but TPTB haven't said anything against it (so far). So perhaps this Entry will be one of the very few first person additions to the Edited Guide (that's some kind of privilege!)

Jeremy

Congratulations!

Post 5

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This thread has been moved out of the Peer Review forum because this entry has now been recommended for the Edited Guide.

If they have not been along already, the Scout who recommended your entry will post here soon, to let you know what happens next. Meanwhile you can find out what will happen to your entry here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/SubEditors-Process

Congratulations!

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Airline Ticket Counters (USA)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more