This is the Message Centre for Jonny

Interview

Post 1

Jonny

I had an interview to transfer to a different department within The Company yesterday, everything was going quite well until I was asked the question:

"Why do you actually want to stay here?"

On reflection, I suppose it was fair enough to ask that, but I really floundered at the time so I'll probably be forced to put a proper CV together and move on anyway. Ho hum.

Interview

Post 2

Classic Krissy

But you didn't didja? smiley - winkeye The only horrible thing is that they make you work so hard you don't have time for quizzes. smiley - smiley

Interview

Post 3

an apple tree

why can't you ever answer the question "and why do you want this job?" with "money"?
because you are a coward
Oh
*poses questions at self*

Interview

Post 4

Classic Krissy

I actually like to think that someday I'll be able to answer that question with "because that guy up on the 17th floor is a hotty and if I get this job my opportunities for getting into his tighty whities are greatly improved."

Interview

Post 5

Jonny

If I'd said I wanted this job for the money they'd never have believed me.

Interview

Post 6

an apple tree

the thing is...I, personally would be more likely to hire someone with an answer like that as i would think "whoah!! we've got a live one!!"
i just can't remember exactly what every other person thinks anymore

Interview

Post 7

what you know as km

And what would have happened if you'd said it was because the guy upstairs was a hotty?

Interview

Post 8

Jonny

That would have been unbelievable too, I've just moved downstairs. smiley - winkeye

Sorry, I'm not really narcissistic I just couldn't think of any other response. Maybe I just should have kept my fingers still.

Interview

Post 9

Spartus

Did your fingers have anything to do with the guy? *feels like he missed something*

Interview

Post 10

an apple tree

mmm...elephant fresh

Interview

Post 11

an apple tree

the guy upstairs is not deliciously saucy

Interview

Post 12

Spartus

Are you certain? I was watching a cooking show yesterday, and it said that he was.

Interview

Post 13

Classic Krissy

Those cooking show people will tell you ANYTHING. You know how they "set up" the cooking and then cut to the dish already done so you can see the "result"?? You KNOW they just went out and bought that "result". If you follow their directions you get something that is completely unedible and usually very very slimey or burnt.

Our dependency on them is how they remain in power. I'm planning a revolt. Don't tell anyone.

Interview

Post 14

Spartus

I always thought they had special ovens. I wanted to raid one of the studios when I was a kid and take their oven away, so I could put food in on the top rack, and in 30 seconds pull off a fully-cooked turkey from the bottom rack.

I also assumed, naturally, that the food had to move in the oven as part of the magic cooking procedure.

Interview

Post 15

Classic Krissy

Ah HAH! They are even MORE devious than I had first supposed.

Someone needs to investigate.

Interview

Post 16

what you know as km

Oooh! Ooh ooh! Oooh!

I'll do it!

Me!

Interview

Post 17

Spartus

I nominate Mr. Wizard; he'd explain how it worked, then bore the chef-people to sleep, at which point he could steal the oven right then and there. smiley - smiley

Interview

Post 18

Classic Krissy

I'm so sorry, but next to KM, Mr. Wizard looks like a big pile of puke. You GO girl!

What will you need to conduct your investigation?

Interview

Post 19

Spartus

Well, she posted while I was typing. I agree with KM going searching, and I will donate to her some GI Joe action figures so she doesn't feel lonely. smiley - smiley

Interview

Post 20

Classic Krissy

That's great! I have an Action Man which is the UK version of G.I. Joe. My Action Man has a gun that looks like a bazooka and when you press his tatoo he fires it.

Andy got him for me to watch out for me. Andy's Action Man still has my lipstick mark on him from a year ago. smiley - smiley

I'm sure KM will appreciate your GI Joe.

Key: Complain about this post