This is the Message Centre for Jonny

Hello Jonnyboy :-)

Post 1

Classic Krissy

It's a slow day today so I'm just popping by and posting on peoples pages. Hi! smiley - smiley

Other than the weird-beard-a-thon, what's been going on in your life lately?

Post 2

Jonny

Hi Krissy!

Well, the weirdy beardy thing isn't really going on in my life, just sort of around it. Well, not even around it, more sort of next to it I suppose. Mind you, there's not much else in my life. A fair amount of work and interspersed with bouts of getting drunk (mainly to kill time rather than for any entertainment value). What I need is a good skiing holiday to look forward to!

So what's happening with you? I've not been spending enough time online, so I'm completely out of touch with the activities in your life. If I've got it right, you're still planning on coming over to England to study at some point and are talking to Andy again.

Post 3

Jonny

...oh yes, and I missed seeing a jazz band/performer (not sure which!) called Crissy Lee on Sunday. There was some sort of mini free jazz festival happening on the bank of the Thames in Richmond, unfortunately I'd made other plans before I found out about it.

Post 4

Classic Krissy

Well, I just wrote you a big long reply that got erased in a random firewall. smiley - sadface

You saw another Krissy Lee! That ruins my plans for being the only one in London! Maybe she's from another country. It's funny that she's into Jazz.

I want to go to City University for Speech & Language Therapy. I hate that I have to wait another year. I want to be there NOW! I didn't know you could get nostalgic about a place you've never lived in, but I really really REALLY want to be in London. Andy and I are talking a little right now. We're trying to figure out what the fun is going on between us. I think he needs a little distance, and with the rigamarole I've been going through lately I don't think that's a bad idea. Sorry about England. I hope they do better against Germany. How's the job?

Post 5

Jonny

Firewall woes, eh? Sorry to hear about that, all the finger wear and tear for nothing!

Ah no, I *MISSED* seeing a *C*rissy Lee. I'd already made plans to see a new Dali exhibition by the time I found out about the jazz festival. Still, it's the Birmingham Jazz Festival in July so hopefully I'll have time to pop up there and see some proper jazz (rather than the "easy listening" stuff that they were probably churning out by the river).

Work passes the time, and the people I work with are, by and large, a good bunch. I'm just lacking in motivation to do much more than the bare minimum in certain respects. What are you doing job-wise, didn't you resign from where you were on the basis that you'd be moving over here?

Football's not good, Seaman's too old and can't get to the ball any more and Shearer's been past it for years. Keegan's too gutless to get rid of 'em though. Germany game should be good, a friend's coming back after a few months working in Philadelphia so we're having a party to watch the game and then carry on until as late into Sunday as we can manage (about 1am at my age! smiley - winkeye). Is there any TV coverage of Euro 2000 over there, or do you have to rely on online radio?

Post 6

Classic Krissy

I was fortunate enough to be able to keep my job. I'm having another slow day today. (my boss is out of town for the rest of the week) I'm enjoying the day by listening to BBC 5 Live. smiley - smiley

I'm sure that if I had cable I would be able to get the Euro 2000 coverage, unfortunately I don't have cable so I'm relying on the net. It still gives me a kick to listen to the news over there. smiley - smiley Knowing that I can listen here and Andy can turn on the radio there and we're listening to the same things is very cool. smiley - smiley

My job isn't very stimulating either. It's easy and comfortable and nice, but I need to go back to school.

Tell me everything you can about the games! I love hearing about football. I had so much fun at my first Spurs game. *sniffles with happy rememberances*

Post 7

Jonny

The weird thing about streamed radio is that I can't get any of the BBC stations but I can get KSJO (San Francisco station). I used to listen to it, but now it seems to put me in some strange nostalgic mood so I've had to stop.

My job *SHOULD* be stimulating, it's just that I can't really be bothered to make it stimulating at the moment. I'm just doing everything in a half-arsed fashion and I don't know how to snap out of it.

The Yugoslavia / Slovenia game last night was quite interesting, although I expect you've heard all about it on 5 Live or read about it somewhere by now. Damn! I just can't be up-to-date enough!

(btw, have you noticed the way the "posted" date is "posted soon" if you preview a posting? I don't know why, but I like that...)

Post 8

Classic Krissy

I did notice that, and I also derived joy from it. smiley - smiley

Well, it looks like your fargin country is just NOT going to cooperate and let me in right now. So, I'm going to have to play the lotto and emass a small fortune somehow. I hope I win the lottery before next year.

OR! I could take 5 bucks to the river gambling boat and win millions with it.

*sets about making alternate plans*

Post 9

Jonny

Look like Clinton's trying to buy a house in Oxford, so perhaps a possible solution would be to get an internship at the Whitehouse (still a few months left!)... smiley - winkeye

I came to the conclusion that to stay in America I'd need to either suddenly become very rich or get married - unfortunately my girlfriend was scared even by the thought of moving in together. Mind you, she had seen the state of my apartment. smiley - smiley

Post 10

Jonny

Since you asked me to keep you updated on the football, here are a few jokes related to England's failure to make it through to the next stage of Euron 2000:

Q: Why aren't the England football team allowed to own a dog?
A: Because they can't hold on to a lead.

Q: What's the difference between the England team and a tea-bag?
A: The tea-bag stays in the cup longer.

Q: What's the difference between a packet of sellotape and Phil Neville.
A: One's a glueless kit.

Oxo were going to bring out a Euro 2000 commemorative cube painted red, white and blue in honour of the England squad. But it was a laughing stock and crumbled in the box.

Post 11

Classic Krissy

LOLOL!!! Those are fantastic!!

You know what's kind of exciting? I actually understood them. smiley - smiley

Hey, you wanna marry me? *shows some leg* No. I'm kidding. I'm just insomniatic and wonky. smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Jonny

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more