This is the Message Centre for Felonious Monk - h2g2s very own Bogeyman

Such nice people

Post 1

Felonious Monk - h2g2s very own Bogeyman

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/oxfordshire/4748760.stm

Apparently now according to Robin Webb, if you speak out in support of scientists who are targeted by violent animal extremists then you too are also a target. Where does it stop, I wonder?

It's about time these people were given a dose of their own medicine. If they want to target me because I have negative opinions about them, then let them do so. I have a very ugly temperament, a head-hunter's axe and a shovel. They won't be mourned, or even missed.

Such nice people

Post 2

Recumbentman

Oooh, where can I buy a head-hunter's axe?

Your quote about giving the Devil the benefit of the law seems apposite.

Such nice people

Post 3

Recumbentman

Oh it's gone. Spring cleaning?

Such nice people

Post 4

Eh? What's gone? I still have the axe here. Granddad brought it back from Borneo when he was in the Merchant Navy during the 30's and 40's. It apparently has some human blood on it.

Such nice people

Post 5

Recumbentman

was it not you that had the quote from A Man For All Seasons on your PS? Sorry.

Such nice people

Post 6

librangirl

is it not the same for any thing? it is a common fact that people are very opinionated, and generally jump to conclusions about certain matters. Even things like football clubs can cause hatred between friends, and it is rarely resolved because people are also naturally to proud and big headed to do something as rash as saying, 'no, i wont cut his head of with my axe just because he said he likes scientists, or man city, or jordan over posh spice.' Lets face it how much do we need to know about something before we can say we support it or not?

Such nice people

Post 7

No it isn't. I am entitled to my views and you are entitled to yours. When I put those views into action, however, such as testing a potentially dangerous drug on animals before giving to a person, I expect to carry on doing it until somebody gives me a good reason not to.

The line 'don't do animal experiments or we'll kick yer 'ead in' is not a good enough justification to stop doing them. Moreover, if somebody wishes to kick my head in because I do things that don't directly affect them to anything like the same degree, they can expect the same level of brutality in response. And believe me, if anybody was built for brutality, it was me.

The essential difference then, between me and these scum, is that my views do not directly lead me to violence, theirs does. Of course, they would say that violence against an aminal justfies a degree of retribution against the person. I don't. They're animals, that's all. We eat them, we hunt them, we keep them as 'pets' yet neglect and abuse them when it suits us. Seems to me we should deal with those long-standing issues first before we even go near animal testing.

Such nice people

Post 8

No, BH had the MFAS quote on his PS, but it's a great one all the same. Just about the only modern play which comes close to the greatness of Shakespeare, if you ask me, which nobody does anyway, Oh God etc...

Such nice people

Post 9

Recumbentman

Of course -- the artist previously known as Gosho.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Felonious Monk - h2g2s very own Bogeyman

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more