This is the Message Centre for Pandora...Born Again Tart

Your Cabin

Post 1

Mr Mullet

Pandora, your cabin sounds idyllic, I'm very jealous. even though I've just moved into my new house Bristol, England, I don't think it can equate to your home.

Can I come and visit? I'm housetrained, promise.

Your Cabin

Post 2

Pandora...Born Again Tart

smiley - biggrin If you're house trained...what'll happen when you're in a cabin?!? smiley - bigeyes
Don't be jealous. It's just a whole bunch of logs an' stuff. smiley - biggrin
You wouldn't want to come here now, there's so much rain I can barely see the flowers and hummingbird feeders hanging from the front porch!
Tell me about your house! I'll wait right here. smiley - zen
BTW, nice to meet you. smiley - smooch

Your Cabin

Post 3

Mr Mullet

I'm sure I can manage to be cabin trained as well.

Sorry, it was very rude of me not to introduce myself. I'm sure you've read my disastrous introduction and gathered who I am, but I didn't even say hello or anything. My apologies. smiley - flustered

My house doesn't sound quite as interesting as yours but I'll tell you about it anyway. It's a 3 storey townhouse, built in split levels. What this means is that from the hallway, it's down to the kitchen, up to the lounge, up again to the master bedroom (en-suite), up again to the guest bedroom and up again to the bathroom and top bedroom - which is in the process of being turned into my study/playroom. This is where I plan on keeping all my computer gear and stuff that shouldn't clutter up the rest of the home!

Like I said in my intro, its brand new and is still in need of carpets - hence being in the process of creating my den.

How does that compare to your cabin? Unfortunately we don't get hummingbirds at the best of times, let alone have need for hummingbird feeders, but we do get the rain. NO doubt about that.

Well, I hope that gives you something to be going on with. I'd like to chat again, so if you've nothing better to do then feel free to reply to this and ask any question etc. etc.

Pleasure to meet you too smiley - smooch (I hope that isn't improper!)

Your Cabin

Post 4

smiley - zenYep, you're British alright. You need never say "sorry" to me. You're not rude, etc.. and EVERYone gives me hugs an' kisses. I simply couldn't got on w/o them!

Weel, your place sounds like it will be very nice once you get it put together the way you want. smiley - ok I have only wood to deal with. And only a few runners (rugs) with SouthWestern designs.
There's no dry wall or anything like that. I'll give you a tour.
:::come in thru the 26' x 30' garage...to the left is the man door to the blue cement that sourrounds the in ground/heated pool. Straight back is the path to the woods, camp site, wet lands, river & so forth. Come back thru the garage and thru the man door into the cabin. (all round white pine logs to 12', then tongue & groove for a foot to the angles...beams & such all over the place)
First you'll see my mac & drafting board, cedar table the cat has taken over...and the first big picture window. Look left an there's the kitchen. It's pretty big. smiley - puff Baskets and tins adorn the tops of the cabinets. Then you'll be looking into an open area that leads to the living room...in between is a tree that holds the loft.
Laundry room to the left. My large key board and stuuf against the wall...another huge picture window to the right in the living room...
TV on a stand that hangs from the wall. (I like to put in a video someone gave me of an aqurium...people wonder how I ever got a tank on the wall...I wonder what type of medication they'er on. smiley - biggrin
Out the picture window is the front porch. Three trees hold up the roof...I do intend to turn the middle on int a toteem pole.
To the left of the fire place is a normal sized window that shows the side porch.
To the left of that is the hallway. As well as the stairs that lead up to the loft room to the left & then the window in the hall, full bath to the right...two closets as well as another window that faces North. Down the end of the hall is a big bedroom with three windows and a door to the balcony that over looks the river & woods.
Back down the stairs...smiley - footprintssmiley - footprints...You are now entering my 'Ships Quarters'...(had a bit of fun with the builders over this part smiley - winkeye)...everything now is stained very dark, with low HUGE beams...like the three mast clipper I sail on thruogh Drakes Passage...during my scuba years...the door to the N. porch is to the right...the door to the full bath to the left. I have a graden window at the end of the room facng South...many ships paintings, and trinkets I picked up during my travels fill this room.
At the end of the hallway is my bedroom...I believe it's 17' x 20'.
There's a picture window facing North...VERY low & dark beems.
A huge Queen sized bed, that I actually need a block to step upon so I can easily get into bed. (reminds me of being little and taking anap in my grandmother's bed) No more windows in that room...I, at times, suffer migrains...so I needed a dark room.
smiley - biggrin The poor builders. One man actually cried. smiley - bigeyes
Oh, and out past the garage are the 'bilco' doors (I call them Auntie Emm doors) to the basement...I didn't want a basement, but my friends built one anyway. Noooo...it cost me nothing.smiley - ok
The only thing down there is a very expensive pool table with burgundy felt on the surface. Stereo, couch...jusss stuff. & the furnace & all the junk I've managed to collect over the years. I realy must toos out alot of that. By golly, I think I'll get right to it...
smiley - whistle
smiley - tongueoutWell, perhaps a nap is in order first. smiley - zen

Bet you're sorry you asked 'bout the cabin, huh? smiley - biggrin
'Specially since I don't check for typos & such. smiley - biggrin

One thing I can say I don't miss at all...are carpets!!smiley - ermThey are just places that you worry about spilling somthing on.

Oh, and I'm not here because I have nothing better to do. I have all sorts of stuff I could be doing. I just adore meeting new people and I've made some 'very' good friends here. Of course it now costs alot more at Christmas and such...but being a collector of post cards...my collection has been frowing steadily.

What type of w*rk are you into? smiley - erm If you have to kill me after you tell me...jusss skip over that part. smiley - biggrinsmiley - ermNo, seriously, skip that part.

I've been sitting in front of mac for 2 hours now & the fellow from the County has been sitting in his parked truck since before I sat down. smiley - bigeyes Government money at work.smiley - erm
smiley - cheers

Your Cabin

Post 5

smiley - blushOg yeah, there's a loo in the garage too...jusss incase ya' need a comfort room whilst swimming or sumthin'. smiley - winkeye

Your Cabin

Post 6

Mr Mullet

Wow, that's a lot of information to be going on with and a lot of things to ask about. Where does one start?

Trees in the house? That sounds cool for a start smiley - cool. Must add a lot to the karma of the place. What type of tree is it?
I gather from bits and pieces that you have a blue doberman smiley - dog (I take it that by blue you mean its the greyish blue colour - a bit like a wiemaraner (I haven't got a clue about the spellingsmiley - doh). I love dogs that colour. A neighbour of mine has a 'chocolate' doberman pup and he's adorable - the puppy that is, the neighbour is wholly unlikeable. And you have a cat smiley - cat who's taken over your table. I'm thinking about maybe getting a cat in the future, but what with us both working full time it may prove unfair. Although my girlfriend doesn't leave til 9 in the morning and I'm usually home by about 4 so I may yet win.

What do you draft on your drafting board are you a designer of some sort? My brother's an architect and has his own practise. Unfortunately I didn't inherit the same intelligence/creative genes and am stuck in an averyday office job. I work for the company who administer Television Licensing for the Licensing Authority (the BBC). It's a somewhat antiquated method of paying for programmes to be produced - although it does provide a couple of channels of advertisement-free television. And of course this marvellous bit of the internet that is also advert-free and pop-up free.

And you were in a band? Anyone famous? I used to play in bands at school but have not really played since. I have friends in bands (metal and punk) and try to see as much live stuff as possible. I'm actually going to see 'The Mighty Mighty Bosstones' next week which should a bundle of laughs.

And a sailor and diver? Boy you've lived an interesting life, haven't you? It's almost depressing smiley - blue when I look back at my limited experiences.

A pool table in your basement sounds very cool. I can imagine a few late nights around that, I don't think I'd get one up my stairs though! Saying that, our obnoxious neighbour had one delivered apparently. He is an idiot!

I take your point about carpets and would rather have bare floorboards my self, but modern housebuilding rarely uses floorbards anymore. All of our floors are made of chipboard and are therefore very unnattractive, so carpets are a necessity really. Shame, 'cos my girlfriend is the clumsiest so-and-so you could meet!

I think one of my friends is moving to Ohio in the near future. I'll check and let you know. I've only been to the states once,myself and visited Chicago, Toronto and New York. I met up with friends who'd been travelling and spent a couple of weeks mooching round and moving around.

Well, that's a lot of rubbish for you to wade through. So I'll leave you to it. smiley - smooch

PS. I didn't mean for it to sound like I thought you had nothing better to do than to be on here. I just meant that when you had a few spare minutes in your day, you could reply to my ramblings. S'all. No offence intended.

Ta ta

Your Cabin

Post 7

smiley - zenYep, you're British through an' through. smiley - ok
No offense taken.

Let's see...I'll try to send some 'grace' your GF's way...smiley - winkeye Perhaps a few drop cloths would be more in order? smiley - biggrin

You asked about the band...we played 'before' many of the greats
came on...back when the headlining band had 'warm up' groups go out and stir the crowd. I have been backstage with many greats.smiley - whistle...*refuses to 'name drop'...* smiley - cool

I don't know how old you are...but I began my love of travel when just a wee infant. Then, the day after High School Graduation...I took off in the middle of the night with friends who were inlisting in the Marines. smiley - bigeyes...I left a note to my parents that read:
Dear mama and pop, went to N.C. with some friends. Be back whenever.
Love, Valerie
After that I just traveled as soon as I had the cash.smiley - tongueoutMy
mama always told me to, "See the World while your young!~ When you get older, you'll either be too old, too broke or have too many children." smiley - eureka
smiley - sadface Everytime I left...she would cry and beg me not to go 'cause she just KNEW I was gonna' get killed. smiley - biggrin I never told her how many times I had cheated death.
These things I'm telling you now are some of the same things that had my friends encouraging me to write a book. smiley - bigeyes I've never thought of my life as special. Lots of stuff that happened were awsome...but like the title of my book...'Some People Have One Of Those Days...I Have One Of Those Lives'.smiley - surferWHOO-HO!

The tree(s) I spoke of are all white pine. The trim is cedar. The trees are stripped of bark and quite pale. I've left the cabin in the original shade that nature gave it. I must say, all the cabins I have seen, modern ones, are all stained very dark.smiley - crossWhy, you can't even see the grain! Also, I've found why they are all stained. smiley - biggrin If you don't bleach the outside of the cabin every couple years...ya' get mold and crud all over the place. So, this place stays pretty well...disinfected.

AS per getting a cat...leaving it home alone is one of the nicer things you can do for a cat. smiley - groanJust have it neutered/spayed & have the Vet rip out it's nails while they're at it!!! Presious has distroyed the cerad trim in my bathroom...walked right past her scratching post to do it. smiley - laughsmiley - ermWait, that's not funny!
...*picks up Precious from the mouse pad and places her back into the padded basket on the cedar table...*

What do I draft??? Er, do you actually have to draft something to own a drafting table??? smiley - biggrin Some times...don't let this bit get around...but, sometimes, I actually write...using an ink pen!!!
smiley - crossThere. I've said it. And if anyone wants to make something of it...they can just bite me. smiley - biggrinsmiley - bigeyes

Silly...why do you think there's a couch in the basement??? I can't always make it up and out mydanmedself. smiley - flyhi
Oh, did I forget to mention there's a bed down there as well?? In case of tonados or sumthin'.smiley - whistle
smiley - cheers
P.S.
eightball...corner pocket...banking from the left...

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Pandora...Born Again Tart

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more