This is the Message Centre for Roz0908

4/20

Post 1

Roz0908

I just got back from Old Man's Cave and it was AMAZING! I still don't know whether Mr. Taylor really likes me, but I don't care, it was a great experience. When we got there we got to head off in small groups for a couple hours. Karly, Barb and I were pushing down dead trees into the lake. It sounds pointless, and technically is, but its so fun and proved that we are the buffest bitches to ever walk the planet. Or so we though until we had to climb back up the hill. We walked probably about 3 miles that day. Before dinner we played Egyptian Rat Screw, it was fun. At one time we had 6 people playing at once, it is really dangerous to slap with that many people going for it. It was funny as hell. That evening was just amazing. Mr. Taylor pulled out his Indian folklore that was passed down to him by a tribe he spent a while with and we had this surreal prayer circle. Everyone was just so open and the wierdest thing was afterwards Ms. Ison was all, 'I loved everything you said, you're so refreshing' and she seemed to be really affected. It was strange to say the least. We didn't get finished with the ceremonies umtil 3 a.m. and had to get up at 7, so there was probably 3 1/2 hours of sleep for me. Lots of people just stayed up all night, but I was about to drop off to sleep during the last ceremony, there was no way I going to be able to stay up a second longer than was necessary. It was raining this morning, and I was worried, but it turned out great. It rained steadily throughout the 8 mile hike, but I didn't really care, it was beautiful scenery and the rain made the waterfalls more powerful and the colors more beautiful. I finished off 2 rolls of film. I think I should definitely take a photography class in college, but it is so expensive to take up that I don't think I can unless its one of those classes where they provide the camera. The hike was so great, and it definitely made me feel more healthy. I don't get near enough exercise. This field trip was great. I really wish that I had taken Field Bio. That class is so amazing.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Roz0908

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more