A Conversation for Eczema

Good stuff....

Post 1

smudge

I'm not a medical person, but I do have around 30 years experience of itching to go on! I think you got all the basics in there. One area I'm interested in, as it may account for my ongoing problems, is food intolerance, not allergy. I'm currently doing some reading up for my own benefit and would be happy to pass on some summary points. Also - and again I'm not a qualified practitioner - homeopathic remedies are sometimes used in control treatment. The trouble with corticosteroid creams such as benovate etc. is that prolonged use is inadvisable, causing physical irreversible changes in the skin. Therefore for someone with persistant eczema, preventing the flare ups is the only viable long term solution and homeopathic thingies seem to work in this way for some folk.

cheers
smudge

Good stuff....

Post 2

Sue

Thanks for the feedback. The bit that's here so far is my 'rough outline' - the medical stuff the doctors do tell you. The sort of stuff I'd really like to get in here is the sort of thing the doctors don't tell you, things that get found out though (often painful) trial and error - so anything, no matter how trivial, that you can think of that may help someone else would be great.

I'm not sure if you'd have read it but the entry I've written on psoriasis may give you an idea of the sort of finished item I'm aiming for - http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A528590 - many years of itching's gone into that one!

Thanks again smiley - smiley

Sue

Good stuff....

Post 3

Sue

Thanks for the feedback. The bit that's here so far is my 'rough outline' - the medical stuff the doctors do tell you. The sort of stuff I'd really like to get in here is the sort of thing the doctors don't tell you, things that get found out though (often painful) trial and error - so anything, no matter how trivial, that you can think of that may help someone else would be great.

I'm not sure if you'd have read it but the entry I've written on psoriasis may give you an idea of the sort of finished item I'm aiming for - http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A528590 - many years of itching's gone into that one!

Thanks again smiley - smiley

Sue

Good stuff....

Post 4

Sue

sorry about that...smiley - erm

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more