This is the Message Centre for The H2G2 Editors

Burial In Poets' Corner?

Post 1

Researcher 174728

He was certainly more grokkable than, for example, T. S. Eliot...

Oh freddled gruntbuggly, thy micturations are to me
As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes.
And hooptitiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecrucheon, see if I don't!

Burial In Poets' Corner?

Post 2

mareino

There is more truth to this suggestion than you may yourself believe. I have posted my condolences before, so I merely post my offering for his eulogy, should he join the poets in the Abbey.
---
Arthur took it. It was the book of matches which the dead man had dropped. It had the name of the club on it. It had the name of the proprietor of the club on it. It looked like this:

STAVRO MUELLER
BETA
He stared at it for some time as things began slowly to reassemble themselves in his mind. He wondered what he should do, but he only wondered it idly. Around him people were beginning to rush and shout a lot, but it was suddenly very clear to him that there was nothing to be done, not now or ever. Through the new strangeness of noise and light he could just make out the shape of Ford Prefect sitting back and laughing wildly.

A tremendous feeling of peace came over him. He knew that at last, for once and for ever, it was now all, finally, over.

Burial In Poets' Corner?

Post 3

Bob the Cactus

that's a fantastic eulogy...but on his tombstone it should really read one of the following things that have been floating around the various on line memorial circles:

"So long and thanks for all the {books, laughs, etc}"
"The lights went out in his eyes for absolutely the last time ever"
"Douglas Adams died. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

etc etc etc...really though...you're absolutely right about that quote from Mostly Harmless...that was a wonderful scene and completely appropriate.

Ethan
(Bob)

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The H2G2 Editors

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more