A Conversation for Damson Jones' Diary

I hope things get better...

Post 1

Linus...42, i guess that makes me the answer...

Here's hoping things start getting better for you and your family. I got depressed just reading about it so i can imagine how you must feel

Hope this helps a little bit smiley - hug

Post 2

Damson in Distress

Thanks Linus - sorry not to post before but I have been really busy at work. This has seriously curtailed my h2g2 time. smiley - sadface

Things don't look to be getting any better nationally though at the moment there have been no cases near enough to either farm to force the animals to be culled. We are keeping our fingers crossed and God willing it will not be neccessary.

I see you have become a dad! How is fatherhood treating you?

Post 3

That is good news. I will keep as many things crossed as possible on your behalf...

Fatherhood, well its certainly a big change in lifestyle smiley - bigeyes

We have a very healthy (almost) 9 month old daughter, which is good.

However for a self confessed social alcoholic who has also been bitten by the travel bug, it can sometimes be a bit difficult smiley - winkeye as you can possibly imagine!!!

Post 4

Damson in Distress

I can imagine - my cousin had a baby a couple of years ago and she is finding it quite hard to reconcile her wild child past with her son. The wanderlust is still quite strong in her. smiley - smiley

Post 5

I totally understand !!!

I just had to cancel another trip smiley - sadface - i was going to go to Tibet in July. That makes my 4th cancellation in as many years...not that i'm counting mind you.

I do believe my mother and in-laws are nowhere near as disappointed as i am...

Post 6

Damson in Distress

yes but there must be times that make it all worth it! smiley - smiley

Post 7

Certainly are, the older she gets the better it is.

I think we are talking about a classic 'grass is always greener' scenario...

P.s sorry for the delay, i tried posting yesterday but kept getting timed out smiley - sadface

Post 8

Damson in Distress

yeah I have had terrible trouble with my connections over the last few days too. So many apologies from me too!

Are you looking forward to the days when she can come too? HOw old is she incidentally?

Post 9

9 months old tomorrow.

Definately looking forward to that time smiley - smiley I get the feeling she will be a very well travelled young lady...

Post 10

Damson in Distress

I bet you are a great Dad! smiley - smiley

Post 11

you better ask my wife about that smiley - winkeye

So how are things in your part of the world? I presume no news is good news as far as the farm goes...

Starting to get a bit colder here now, must be down to the low 20s smiley - tongueout so winter can't be far away

Key: Complain about this post