This is the Message Centre for Half

Did I do the right thing? (No names given)

Post 1

Half

Did I do the right thing? I think so. Someone I kind of know was talking in a way that scared me. Scared me because I used to say the same things (i.e. "I'm no good (at this), I should quit...), and know where that road ends up, and it's one UGLY destination. So I "told" on them.

The person in question is a black-belt in my karate class, which puts them several degrees above me. They suddenly decided they're no good, and want to quit. I told our head sensei (black-belt/teacher) about this, because I'm concerned about this person's state of mind. They've been depressed before, and I was worried. I KNOW dropping out of activities is one of the first steps in a nasty downward spiral. I'm guessing they might resent my "meddling", but (in my experience) there are some situations where something HAS to be said. If no one talks, no one gets help.

I guess I'm scared I might have made things worse. If anyone reads this and has an opinion, please let me know. Did I do right? Or what?

Key: Complain about this post

Did I do the right thing? (No names given)

More Conversations for Half

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more