This is the Message Centre for Ommigosh

hey...

Post 1

A Girl Called Jack.....muse of 6 foot green squirrels

how are you....i'm jack....just thought id pop by and say hi....pink floyd are sadly my favourite band....i say saddly because...im only 18....so im kind of in the wrong era....i blame my dad....he brought me up on the floyd...everything from saucerfull to dark side....hope you are doing the same for your kids.....

hey...

Post 2

Ommigosh

A Floyd fan, eh? Nothing too sad about that, Jack. I am delighted to hear it, in fact. Nothing to be ashamed about at all. Well done, your dad! I reckon no-one should ever be bothered what other people think of their musical tastes. If you like it, then that's all that matters.
My two boys could probably sing along to most of Wish You Were Here (the album, not just the song) and Dark Side of the Moon too.
I am dreading the day when they discover the rap music of their peers (Rap must have a silent 'c' at the front, I'm sure).

I have never seen the Floyd in the flesh but have seen two different tribute bands-both are well worth going to see (The Australian PF and Mac Floyd, a smaller Scottish outfit which play up here but I don't know about anywhere else).

Shine on.
bye

hey...

Post 3

I wouldn't worry about your kids finding rap and all that stuff....the majority of kids that do, do so for lack of anything better, all my siblings are into decent music as a result of our upringing....which is a heartening thought....

My little sister is only 13 and shes doing a good job of sifting through the rubbish that passes for music these days.....she likes paul weller, mr writer by steriophonics....which by the way i found suprisingly good...and i was astounded to find that last time i went home she had just purchased some jimmy hendrix with her pocket money!

I saw floyd in 1990 (I think it was 1990) im not sure i was pretty young, and i met dave guillmore, my dad was friends with him when they were kids, but i was a bit young to really know what was going on....theres so many things i now wish i had asked...oh well

agcJ smiley - smiley

hey...

Post 4

Ommigosh

Bows down in admiration!...You've met David Gilmore?!!!!

I am not worthy.

Yep, I even like some more modern stuff too, e.g Travis
and..........other stuff

But it's mostly 60s, 70s stuff for me.

Er,.....Jack, if you don't mind me asking, why the 6 foot squirrels?

hey...

Post 5

I like Travis too.....do you have the album if so have you heard the hidden track...(about 15mins after the end of the last track) its called blue flashing lights though obviously like all hiden tracks it isnt posted....its my favourite song on the album.....when im in that mood anyway....

the squirrels.....welll once i had really bad tonsilitis and a very high fever and i had hallucinations that giant green squirrels were bringing me giant hazel nuts to make me feel better....i also later thpought that napoleon had stationed his soldiers in my feet and that he was planning to invade my bed room.....that was suprisingly terrifying at the time...smiley - biggrin

agcJ smiley - star

hey...

Post 6

Ommigosh

No I haven't got that album. What a neat idea though, to hide a track like that.

Thanks for the info about the squirrels. You must have been quite bad-I'm glad the hazel nuts made you better. I suppose that Napoleon must have been using foot soldiers? haha.. sorry. Shouldn't mock the afflicted.

hey...

Post 7

have you signed the petition to the bbc yet?

dont want to be political about this and you might not want to but I just thought i'd let you know that its finnaly ready to go....

here's the link...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A544943

hiddentracks

Post 8

there is also a very floydian hidden track on the end of the Cast Album called 'mother nature calls'

hiddentracks

Post 9

on a completely different note....and i know you probably never would if you like the floyd.....but never subject your kids to lenord cohen..... that constitutes child abuse it really does!!!

(my mum tried that one you see)
smiley - biggrin

hiddentracks

Post 10

Ommigosh

Hmmm....don't know about the petition thingy, but I am thinking about it, honestly. I understand that a lot of people who were well into this site before the beeb took over are very seriously miffed at some of the changes. I never had time to get into it that deeply though and feel like I have stumbled across someone else's war. Some of our trans-Atlantic friends are also deeply upset and percieve the new rules as a serious attack on freedom of speech and human rights (but not gun laws) (yet) smiley - smiley .
If I took the trouble to write Guide Entries, no doubt I would have stronger feelings about it all.

Don't know what Leonard Cohen's music is like but I hope you have recovered from the trauma it caused you.
Play Comfortably Numb several times loudly and you'll feel better, I'm sure.
My boys have to suffer listening to my own attempts at music and song which must be far worse than Mr Cohen's, I assure you!!

And as for Floydian sounding things, I have been visiting a well known internet site which posts mp3 files by amateur musicians.. There are lots of very very nice Floydian sounding things out there!! Most enthusiasts seem to do a song which sounds like Shine On You Crazy Diamond. (One of my favourites which, oddly, both my brother and myself didn't like at all on the first hearing of the original. Can you Believe that?).

Key: Complain about this post