This is the Message Centre for Willem

Hello

Post 1

Researcher5

Dear Willem, I just wanted to say hello and how much I loved your painting of the Meerkats which went on last week's Front Page. I am the Chairman of the new set up ( one of the original founders of h2g2) and thrilled to be back involved again and really thrilled to see just how creative h2g2 still is. Warm wishes Robbie

Hello

Post 2

Willem

Hello Robbie and thank you very much for your message, I am honoured! Also thank you so very much for what you're still doing for this site. I've been on here since the year 2000, before Douglas Adams' death and before the BBC takeover, so I've seen the site survive many changes. Which gives me great hope for its future as well! And we've got amazing talent here as you say. It's one of the nicest places on the internet ... now if only more people knew about it!

Regards,

Willem van der Merwe

Hello

Post 3

Researcher5

Dear Willem, that is fabulous that you have been a researcher for such a long time. You really do go back in the history of the site. There are plenty of plans but it is good to be settling in again and we will take things sensibly! I really look forward to the next picture of yours. I was born in South Africa so there is a special resonance for me. warm wishes Robbie

Hello

Post 4

Willem

Hi there Robbie, where in South Africa were you born if I may ask? At any rate, pictures of mine appear in The Post every week or two ... but whether they end up on the Front Page is beyond my control!

Regards,

Willem

Hello

Post 5

Researcher5

Hi Willem, was born in Johannesburg, a long time ago! My mother and father met out there, both had moved there for different reasons after WW2. My father set up American Express out in SA and was a voice on Springbok Radio for many years. It is a long story but we left when I was one, shortly after Sharpeville. I have been back a few times and do have some business interests in Johannesburg and Cape Town. Warm wishes Robbie

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Willem

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more