This is the Message Centre for taliesin

Bugs

Post 1

taliesin

Too many there are. Maybe I'll come back in a few months after this place has been fumigated or something.

Bug 1: About 1/2 the local hootoo links on my PS don't work unless I login. I prefer to lurk before signing in, because quite often I don't have anything to say, and can't be bothered logging in just to log out again.

Bug 2: Those links that do work, take me to pages rendered in Pliny I prefer Brunel, or if I did want to view in Pliny, I'd rather it were MY decision.

Bug 3: After signing in, my PS appears in.... PLINY! My preferences clearly state Brunel, and after I clck the update button, I'm viewing in good old Brunel again.

Bug 4: Some postings seem to not render properly, and I'm asked to contact the editors. WTH?

Bug 5: The entire site seems really slow.

So, ta-ta for a while

Bugs

Post 2

Baron Grim

Don't run away yet. The ham(p)sters are chasing down bugs as fast as they can.

However, there is an easy temporary fix for your plinyphobia.

Bookmark http://www.h2g2.com/dna/brunel/FrontPage

From there, any link you click on will take you to the Brunel version. You could also bookmark your personal spac (replace "FrontPage" with your Unumber) if that suits you better

Bugs

Post 3

Baron Grim

Sorry, nevermind.... Apparently they're digging a bit deeper (or I goofed on that link) but I'm having similar issues.

They should be temporary though. The idea really is for any user who wants to to be able to use the skin of their choice but for newbies and transients to be defaulted to pliny to ease the strain on the Ripley system (the system the old skins run on).

Things are pretty volatile at the moment, but normallity should return once we decide what is normal anyway.

Bugs

Post 4

Baron Grim

Here we go...

Try this link. Bookmark it for now. It should take you to the front page. I'm not going to promise all links from there will lead to brunel pages but that's the idea.

http://www.h2g2.com/dna/h2g2/brunel/FrontPage

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for taliesin

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more