This is the Message Centre for Orcus

Bloody snow

Post 1

Orcus

Normally I would be delighted by the sudden onslaught of massively deep snow overnight here.

But... it's set to stay for the week by the look of it and I'm suppose to be doing my first audax bike ride next week - 200 km from Cardiff to Gloucester and back through deep countryside most of the way. Not compatible with deep snow and what will by then likely be mostly ice.smiley - wah

*starts doing a dance to encourage the warm weather gods*

Bloody snow

Post 2

You can call me TC

Good luck with it. I've been cycling through the snow these past couple of days. My bike is going to need some treatment to get rid of the salt.

Bloody snow

Post 3

Orcus

Well you're braver than me - or have you ice tyres?

Bloody snow

Post 4

Orcus

I'm guessing also, you're not trying to do in excess of 100 miles in open countryside either?

I wouldn't mind but as you know, I've been planning this audax for ages and training in all sorts of nasty weather. I'm going to be very cross with the weather if the roads are unrideable next weekend. smiley - cross

Bloody snow

Post 5

Orcus

Looks like it's all going to melt smiley - biggrin

I might be swimming to Gloucester and back mind -but I can do that - it was white-out that worried me. Wet is wet and can be unpleasant but ice and snow could mean a few weeks in plaster.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Orcus

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more