This is the Message Centre for Orcus

Cockroach

Post 1

Orcus

Mmmmm nice. Just seen a half dead one on the floor in the gents at work.
And now? To breakfast. smiley - bigeyes

Could have been worse. Could have been at home. Although since the cats these days seem to be systematically destroying all other animal life forms within a 30 yard radius of our living room that probably wouldn't be a problem.

Cockroach

Post 2

Vip

It could have been worse. You could have seen half of a dead one.

smiley - fairy

Cockroach

Post 3

Orcus

If they don't move their legs when prodded it's OK by me whether it's 1, 1/2 or 1/4 smiley - winkeye

Cockroach

Post 4

Vip

I've never seen one, and I'm thankful. *shudder*

smiley - fairy

Cockroach

Post 5

Orcus

Well I have only seen one once before - in my hotel room in Gran Canaria. But that was dead and we never saw another - so I'm not exactly an expert.

To be honest they don't really look any worse than any other insects - although perhaps bigger than most. It's their - ahem - reputation that is the problem I guess.

Cockroach

Post 6

Vip

Indeed. And I think I've seen enough films with them in to put me off for life. Their reputation may be undeserved, but images of people squishing them in their hundreds was enough to make me squirm.

smiley - fairy

Cockroach

Post 7

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

I used to live with cockroaches, in my bedroom, kitchen, and bathrooms. The joys of living in student halls of residence smiley - groan :- They did periodically zap them all but they inevitably came back... smiley - doh I quite liked them actually, they're such loverly clean creatures, at least when compaired to the other students who lived in halls, who thought keeping rotten meat in the comunal fridge was a good idea. Quite worrying as most in my halls were destined to become, and probably now are, doctors. So, the cockroaches were kind of light relief from the otherwise filthy other residents.

Cockroach

Post 8

Orcus

How odd. I just had a visit from a guy wielding a big book of insects.

He showed me a picture of a british cockroach and another insect that people commonly mistake for a cockroach.

Guess what - it was the latter. The building manager will be relieved. smiley - smiley

Cockroach

Post 9

Orcus

It was most probably a cockchafer it seems.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Orcus

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more