This is the Message Centre for Orcus

Headhunt

Post 1

Orcus

Wow, I've just had a biotechnology company in Montreal trying to headhunt me.

Very much a thanks but no thanks but highly flattering nonetheless. Too many commitments over here - oh had they rung 10 years ago - I even applied to Toronto for a post-doc once and nearly go it.

Headhunt

Post 2

IctoanAWEWawi

woo! Congrats!
Did they say what it was put them on to you? Was it a paper, your presentation in the states, a colleague?

Headhunt

Post 3

Orcus

No I didn't think to ask. I would imagine they were just scouting university websites and such but I'm not sure.

Having now received their bumpf I'm not that convinced it's my bag anyway. It is a pretty senior position they're trying to fill though, so it's a nice thought that I was considered for an approach.

No way I could persuade the other half to emigrate anyway - especially not as far as that.

Headhunt

Post 4

IctoanAWEWawi

ah, but standard of living, beautiful scenery, still got some remnants of an economy...

Headhunt

Post 5

Orcus

Yes she did mention all that... well apart from the economy.

She mentioned it rains less - which made me laugh given the reputation of Wales. I'm sure she meant the UK in general.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Orcus

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more