This is the Message Centre for Orcus

Excellent piece of stupidness

Post 1

Orcus

We've just submitted an article to the academic journal biochemistry. As such they now have a policy of automatically giving you a user account.

But they've sent me an email telling me my username but that they will not tell me what my password is.

So I have to try and log in but claim I've 'forgotten' my password and they will email it to me.

How absurd smiley - laugh

Post 2

IctoanAWEWawi

that sounds like a very effective bureaucracy in action!

Post 3

Orcus

It doesn't work either. I've tried to get them to email me a password twice and it pops up some white window which promptly disappears again and then does nothing.

It's all getting a bit hitchhiker's guide smiley - rolleyes

Post 4

Orcus

Rather irritatingly I don't even want a user account with them. I'm already a member of the American Chemical Society which publishes it and that cost me a couple of hundred dollars. I'm sure this will gain you access absolutely nothing useful.

Post 5

IctoanAWEWawi

there's probably an admin sat the other end watching your attempts to get in and taking bets on how long before you give up smiley - winkeye

Post 6

Orcus

Well since I'm not that interested they've had a slow afternoon. I've paid more attention here to be honest smiley - winkeye

Post 7

IctoanAWEWawi

don't blame ya. The Very Hungry Caterpiller turning 40 is clearly more interesting than some dry and dusty academic journal smiley - winkeye

Post 8

Orcus

*munch*

Post 9

Orcus

It's not really Biochemistry I need a break from. It's marking smiley - groan

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Orcus

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more