This is the Message Centre for Orcus

Jack you have 8 lives

Post 1

Orcus

Just got down stairs to find one of our cats had up ended the bin in the kitchen and probably spent the whole night with his head stuck in a tin can. And I mean stuck - I had to pull really hard to get it off and it took a considerable amount of hair with it.
There was some very loud and echoey meiowing going on.

smiley - wah

smiley - rofl

It wasn't particularly funny at first but I can't stop laughing now I know he's OK. We won't be leaving the bin in there at night again. Not unless they're out anyway.

Jack you have 8 lives

Post 2

Mu Beta

Two days after my mother bought a new 3-piece suite with pop-up footrests, she found one of the cats literally shut inside the sofa one morning.

Bloody animals.

B

Jack you have 8 lives

Post 3

IctoanAWEWawi

Stop messing with natural selection! How are cats ever going to evolve into sentient beings and take over the world if you two keep helping out the evolutionary dead ends?

Wait a minute, maybe that means they already have...

Jack you have 8 lives

Post 4

r4registry

Hey Orcus,
Sounds quite funny in retrospectsmiley - laugh
Not had that one happen, though they have dragged contents of bags out to help themselves.
Two rather mischeavous cats did manage to open the fridge door once and help themselves to some ham.Would have been mad, but was taken back by their team work.

Had one crawl through a hole in some floor boards, fall down next to the main drain stack (about 8ft). Necessitating the chiseling out of breeze block(not sure about that spelling) so a hand could go in and pull a rathter dusty and frightened kitten out.
Another chewed through the christmas tree lighting cable 2yrs back . It took me two hours looking for a faulty bulb before tracing it to pin like teeth marks and one broken strand of cable.

Guess that's why the need nine livessmiley - smiley

R4

Jack you have 8 lives

Post 5

Orcus

You know I was rather stunned to read on the web the other day that scientists have discovered that animals can feel emotions like jealousy...

http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1865847,00.html

As it says in that, any pet owner can tell you that. I've certainly seen our Jack throw a fit of pique when we got them a scratch board thing with a bell/ball combination dangling from the top. The other spent all night playing with it and ignoring Jack. When she wouldn't play with him as normal we had a very grumpy and petulant cat on our hands.

So they can display many of the emotions we think our own. Interesting and cool...

... but they ain't half stupid! smiley - laugh

Jack you have 8 lives

Post 6

r4registry

Trust Jack & Jill are behaving themselves better than our young man, who takes delight in knocking the scart cables out the telly when bored.

Are you finding cat food expensive?
Pets at Home store has some at around £8 for 24 cans, where our Tesco's is now around £3 for six cans! Then we do have to feed 7 so I suppose we would notice the variance more.

Jack you have 8 lives

Post 7

Orcus

Hi R4, sorry I've not been in touch recently. Not been gyming for more than a week now - at first due to too much work pressure but now because I've got a lurgy attack smiley - sadface

It's not Jill anymore by the way, Phil renamed her Missy less than a week after we got them. I prefer this as I called Jack after a cousin of mine who died a couple of years back so I wasn't really very happy when Phil dubbed the other Jill as I felt it trivialised it all a bit.

So it' Jack and Missy now.

I recently joined a wholesaler's called Costco because I discovered I was in a profession that qualifies me to join even though I'm not running a retail business.
They're not cheaper than Tesco for everything but pet food is definitely a winner with them.
We get 24 cans of Whiskas for about £8 and they sell a huge back of dry food for about £7 too (about 5 kg I think) - this is less than half the price of Tesco smiley - smiley
They're good for toilet roll, meat and toothpaste too amongst other things.

Jack you have 8 lives

Post 8

r4registry

Hey Orcus,
Sorry to hear you are suffering toosmiley - ok

No worries on not posting, we all get calls on our time and being employed is something we all want to hold onto.....barring a lottery win of coursesmiley - smiley
Apologies for getting names wrong, you have said before, just had one of my senior moments Doh!

Nice one on the Costco membership, every little helps.
It's just more hassel these days shopping in two or three places to get everything needed at a reasonable price.

Our Alfie is being a bit of a lad but he's a very welcome distraction with all the doom and gloom on the telly. The best is when he just flopps down on your lap after fighting the tiredness....typical boy I supposesmiley - laugh

Anyhow, take it easy
Carch u l8r
R4

Jack you have 8 lives

Post 9

Orcus

All the doom and gloom on the telly...

I was just saying to someone at lunch they should get that guy Fraser* from Dad's army to do the news these days.

"We're all DOOOOOOMED!"

that's all you need now isn't it smiley - winkeye

*not that he's still with us of course.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Orcus

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more