This is the Message Centre for DataLore

welcome DataLore..

Post 1

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

As a fellow trekker, I welcome you with open arms!smiley - magic
I've been here since May this year, and I have written guide entries, which, if you're interested, can be found on my page {just click on my name}.
I have prepared a page of links for newcomers here:
http://www.h2g2.com/A487857
if you'd like to go look!smiley - cool
If there's anything at all I can help you with, don't be afraid to ask!
I'm a volunteer Assistant Community Editor {ACE} and I'm a Guardian Angel for fun smiley - winkeye
Hope to see you around, DataLore...
{and I am *always* available for a discussion on Star Trek}smiley - biggrin
~Galaxy Babe~smiley - flyhi

welcome DataLore..

Post 2

DataLore

Thanks for the warm welcome... I had a feeling when I found this place that it was going to be really nice and friendly. smiley - smiley

Happy Holidays... looking forward to spending a lot of time here at h2g2!
- DataLore

welcome DataLore..

Post 3

smiley - biggrin
...and I *knew* as soon as I saw your name on the online list, that you were going to love it here!smiley - planet
I'm sorry I missed you by 2 hourssmiley - sadface
When you are online together you can get quite a discussion going and sometimes end up on the front page, as one of the 5 busiest conversations!smiley - star
I like to do that at least once a month smiley - winkeyesmiley - cool
Have a great time too, DataLore and hope to chat with you soon!smiley - magic
~Galaxy Babe~smiley - flyhi

welcome DataLore..

Post 4

DataLore

Hi again. Back online, wrote my first guide entry while at work today, about my hometown of Hicksville, OH. I thought it was pretty good, so I went ahead and submitted it on the peer review page. If you have any suggestions on how to make it better, I'd love to hear them. smiley - smiley
Question: How long does the submission process usually take? Does it take a few days or weeks for the Entry to be reviewed and recommended before it gets sent off to the Sub-Editor, or does it all happen fairly quickly? Just wondering.
Read the other conversation on My Space... it was hilarious! smiley - laugh I think the other guy got mad though... smiley - sadface
See you around! Hope to catch you online sometime so we can really chat it up!

DataLore

welcome DataLore..

Post 5

Hahahahaha
I just read the other thread...hehehehehe
*ROFL*
Thank you for telling me that!
I'll go read your entry, right away...and as you're a friend, I will give you my honest opinion! Of course, it'll be constructive critisism!
The subbing process, hmmmmmm. I wrote my first entry way back in June, and it still hasn't been edited, yet it was recommended straight away...
Then again, I have written entries *since* and they are in!smiley - biggrin
My advice? Once you have submitted your entry & done all alterations, forget it! You will be emailed by the editors, when it's accepted, and believe me, that's a fantastic buzz!!
smiley - grrI missed you by two hours again!smiley - steam
I was awake 2 hours ago, too! Just not on the pc...
Have you heard about the weather in Britain?
Snow, snow & more snow.
*still giggling at johnwfulton*smiley - biggrin

welcome DataLore..

Post 6

*waves*
I can see you online!
Good morning!
I read your entry, it's great!
I've recommended it to the Scouts...smiley - biggrin

welcome DataLore..

Post 7

Administrator-General (5+0+9)*3+0

Congratulations on getting your home town entry on the front page. I've yet to write an entry about *my* home town, Speedway, Indiana, USA. Still, I think the Guide needs more home town entries.

Best of luck in the future.

welcome DataLore..

Post 8

What a shame DataLore doesn't seem to be with us anymoresmiley - sadface

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for DataLore

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more