This is the Message Centre for B.C.M.

St Andrew's Day

Post 1

B.C.M.

St Andrew's day would have been my parents 52 wedding anniversary, but Mum died on 26th February this year. Each birthday or other anniversary is 'The first ...... since Mum died'. I was doing some Christmas shopping and I saw a book and thought that would be perfect for Mum, then remembered she wasn't there any more. I miss the interest in me, the someone to tell the small family stories to, to discuss the little details of organising life.

Me and Dad were with her when she died. It was a gentle passing. She was sleeping and gradually her breathing got lighter and lighter until it stopped, and in many ways it was a relief since she had been in so much pain for two years, and hadn't really had the pleasure in her life that she used to have. We live three hour drive away from my parents and towards the end I went down every weekend I could, and I remember having to stop the car and get out because I was weeping with rage that my beautiful, strong, loving mother should be reduced to a feeble, pain filled old woman.

Key: Complain about this post

St Andrew's Day

More Conversations for B.C.M.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more