This is the Message Centre for aaangel

Hi

Post 1

Peregrin

Hiya Aaangel, just thought I'd pop by and say hello...

So, hello. smiley - biggrin

Here, have a smiley - donut, there seem to be plenty lying around.

Have fun!

Hi

Post 2

aaangel

hello!

did you finally get brunch (or dinner?) or are you still having hallucinations of food? smiley - smiley hmm...now if there were only eggs and bacon icons...

well, i need to finish my housecleaning (once again) and i've been on the net all evening.

also, your card is ready to be in the mail tomorrow smiley - smiley

talk to you soon.

smiley - smiley

Hi

Post 3

Peregrin

I went to get food but there were no clean plates/saucepans/anything (I live with two students, that's my excuse) so I had to do some washing up. After that I was tired and worked on my computer for a bit. Eventually I put some rice on to cook, promptly forgot about it, and had to clear the remains out of the saucepan an hour later. Then I made spaghetti bolognese, and finally ate. So it was a sort of brunper. Or something smiley - biggrin

I'm normally a bit better than this... smiley - winkeye

Well Monty Python's Flying Circus has reputedly just started on TV so I'm off to watch it... (hmm it looks like I'll be up until dawn again)

Goodnight/day/thing!

Hi

Post 4

aaangel

i figured out a good way to do dishes often and not have too many. i have just a couple of plates and bowls, two short glasses, two tall and two mugs. it forces me to do them more often and then its not overwhelming...

though it has caused me to become resourceful when i'm lazy... you know, eating spaghetti out of a glass or something.

about the rice... i have this great article that you would just laugh at because you would understand it... i will get it one of these days and forward it to you. unfortunately, it is my storage area and i seem to have lost the key. smiley - sadface

i do wish i had cable so i could see things like MP but i can't quite justify the cost just so i can watch one show. i used to have 6 fun filled hours of python on video tape, but have also lost that, or i lent it to someone and forgot to whom.

well, there's more than a foot of snow out there and it was so windy that there are lots of drifts. i am going to go and hope i didn't burn my bacon, eat and get ready to un-bury my car.

sleep sometime! it can be rejuvinating.

smiley - smiley al

Hi

Post 5

Peregrin

We have that washing up system in our house too - we have four of everything. It kind of works... although people still just wash up what they need when they want it, so there's never anything clean. In a lot of ways I wish I lived on my own!

We did have cable TV and now we have a Sky satellite dish... when divided between four it doesn't cost too much. I don't watch it myself but there's good stuff on usually if I want to watch something. There's a good range of music channels which is nice. Monty Python seems to be on at three in the morning which is annoying but OK with my current sleeping pattern.

A foot of snow?? That's a lot! Do you normally get that at this time of year? If we got that here I imagine the roads would all be blocked. We sometimes get that much in Wales but we haven't had any particularly cold winters for quite a few years now. Somehow I imagine the authorities are more prepared for it where you are than they are here!

OOoooh, an ice cream making machine was delivered today... I bought it for the bargain price (I think) of £20 on QXL (an auctioning website). I think I'll find a late opening shop and buy some ingredients smiley - biggrin
I really should stop buying gadgets... I have no way of justifying this purchase!!

Hi

Post 6

aaangel

well, a foot is a lot at one time, but we do generally get lots of snow, mostly after december though i think. i can't remember from year to year.

i am wondering how your ice cream making is going. did you ever find vanilla essence?

hey, i also found that film i lost, it was on the bookshelf afterall, just had fallen behind some stuff.

i hope your holiday plans are going well and that you have a good time with your family, aside from the fact that it the same from year to year.

best wishes.

Hi

Post 7

Peregrin

Yesterday we had a Christmas dinner for our house here - four of us. It was fun, especially as I got my webcam working in the lounge, so our friends could watch us online and laugh at us! smiley - biggrin
Unfortunately you weren't online at the time... smiley - sadface

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for aaangel

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more