A Conversation for Columbus, Ohio, USA

Driving...

Post 1

Iguana

Here here to driving in Columbus... I live in Cincinnati so I drive up through Columbus an average of about once a month, and there is ALWAYS construction on I-71. The last time I tried to drive through they dumped me off the interstate and into downtown with no warning whatsoever... It was like I'm cruisin' along at 70mph and then poof! All of the sudden I'm stopping for traffic lights.

Driving...

Post 2

DataLore

Agreed. I'm a student at Ohio State, and you basically can't drive anywhere in town without seeing those orange barrels. In the four years I've been a Columbus motorist, they've widened SR 315 not once, but twice, and the same stretch of I-270 has been being constructed upon since before the first time I came in the fall of 1996! It seems to me that the construction, which is ostensibly being done to create less traffic problems, is the root cause of all the traffic problems in the first place!

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more