This is the Message Centre for Queen Nothing

random reflections on life

Post 1

Queen Nothing

pleaseeeeeee, anyone who can stop me panicking?!?!!

it just suddenly hit me that my real proper exams start in less than a month..... now theoretically, if i was a sensible girl, i would have used this easter 'break' to do all my revision..... no, instead i decided to use it to catch up on all the coursework that i should have already done....

damn the scottish education system!!! not only do i have to worry about what results i'll get, but also whether they will actually get there... exams crisis.... etc etc....

then i have to consider the dreaded subject : "what to do with the rest of my life" hmmm, seems slightly worrying, i don't feel responsible enough to go out into the 'big bad world' but as it stands, i have 3 options.....

a) stay on at school, do a 6th year, then go to uni
b) leave school, apply to uni in september, work for a year, then go in 2002
c) leave school and apply to uni through the clearing system

hmmm, it seems whatever i do i'm committing myself to another 4 years of learning..... which is kinda depressing thought!!

on that note i'll go.....

Post 2

Jhos the Left Ear (help to build the Library of Dreams at A535899 !)

Hey-Ho gothic feary !

Don't know anything about the scottish education system (I'm from germany), but here is the way I always dealed with exams: I did it like the guys in cartoons. When they walk over a cliff or something, they walk on a few steps in the air and start to fall as soon as they look down. The trick is NOT to look down, but to walk on in the air without thinking about it. This of cause is silly, dangerous etc, but most important: IT WORKS ! smiley - winkeye
And about the uni-thing: As I said already, don't know how it is in Scotland, but I think to be a student is the best time you can have in live ! Yeah, I ennjoy it: you don't have to work hard, you are nit under so much pressure as in school and you have lots of time to sit at the uni-computers and hang around at h2g2... well, shouldn't do this, of cause...

Greetings, Jhos the Left Ear (another one from the black leather&chains-fractionsmiley - smiley)

Post 3

Queen Nothing

hey there.... uni life actually does sound quite appealing. more freedom than at school, but not actually having to do a 'proper job' yet.

it looks like im definetely going to uni, but not sure if im staying at school next year - my parents told me that theyre not sure if they'll pay for school next year.... hmmm lovely - probably gonna have to find a job for a year! a proper job that is, not just babysitting!

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Queen Nothing

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more