This is the Message Centre for Queen Nothing

MxPx

Post 1

shrinkwrapped

You can get all the MxPx stuff over here, you know. Their last album was even in mainstream stores (it seems like poppunk crap, though, so I didn't buy it). It's all available from independant shops, and of course www.amazon.co.uk

If you've not got it, you MUST get Pokinatcha! It was from back when they were actually punk...

MxPx

Post 2

Queen Nothing

hi there!
i actually meant powderfinger when i was going on about the oz thing, but i don't tend to word things very well. i actually bought mxpx's new album, and i think your right, it seems a bit pop-punk... a bit blink 182-ish....which isn't necessarily a good thing!
haven't got any other mxpx stuff though so i'll have to get the album you were talking about...
do you like green day? i'm going to see them on sunday. their new album definetely isn't as good as all their old stuff (what is it with punk bands going mainstream?!) but what the hell....it's green day, and it should be a total laugh!

MxPx

Post 3

shrinkwrapped

Being anything like Blink 182 can ONLY be a bad thing. They give a bad name to good music.

My favourite MxPx albums are Pokinatcha (their first) and Slowly Going the Way of the Buffallo (their second-to-last) - oh, and Let It Happen, a collection of B-sides and demos is really good value (32 tracks!).

I used to really love Green Day, I've got all their albums but their latest. I'd say they've been quite poppy for a while. I don't mind that so much, it's stuff like appearing on The Big Breakfast that I object to.

MxPx

Post 4

Queen Nothing

i was actually looking at 'let it happen' today, but didn't have enough money to buy it - i'm very very skint and need all the money i can get for tommorow.....yep, green day gig, which i am looking forward to despite the fact that they're a bit poppy. i have all their albums, including the new one...it's not that it's a really bad album, but it's not green day. it's disappointing and DEFINETELY not punk....

MxPx

Post 5

shrinkwrapped

Enjoy the gig!

MxPx

Post 6

Queen Nothing

thanx! it was SO amazing!!

MxPx

Post 7

shrinkwrapped

Ah, but did you though?

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Queen Nothing

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more