This is the Message Centre for Lord Reflection (Brought to you by Dylan Cobb's Continuity Bleach)

Peet's Guest Room

Post 1

Lord Reflection (Brought to you by Dylan Cobb's Continuity Bleach)

*Michelle enters room 006. Ah, this one belongs to Peet, the young man in bluejeans. Quel Americain! Quel mignon!

Room 006 is across the hall from Lord Blackstone's room, and next door to (which means it shares a bathroom with) room 008, belonging to the Big Bad Werewolf. The room (cringe) is predominantly orange with indigo moulding and bedsheets. Peet's bookshelf if filled with generic textbooks, and one large, brightly colored books whose spine reads "Pull Me".

Not very subtle, is it?

The writting desk is nondescript. It has blotting paper, stationary that reads "Illusion Hall" at the top, and a quill pen with an ink bottle. There's a bedstand with an obligatory Gideon's Bible in the drawer, and above the bed is an oversized painting of a single stick of dynamite. Weird.

Peet's Guest Room

Post 2

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

"one large, brightly colored books"? One books?...

"Stationary" means immobile, I suspect you mean "stationery". If in doubt, a writing pad nailed to a desk is stationary stationery!

I love the colour scheme, btw... Does Michelle the French maid come with the room? (I notice she enters but doesn't leave...)

Peet's Guest Room

Post 3

*Somewhere, somehow, Michelle the French Maid leaves all rooms simultaneously, even the rooms she hasn't prepared yet*

*Somewhere, somehow, a man made it through school without being taught that stationary and stationery were spelled differently*

*Somewhere, somehow, one "s" accidentally placed at the end of a word doesn't bother me too much*

*You seem to be assuming that English is my native language. Very hasty when you know nothing about me*

Peet's Guest Room

Post 4

*Michelle re-enters. She lays a new set of clothes in Peet's size on the bed. They are exactly what Peet wanted, and as such, Peet can describe them if needs be. Michelle, sighing, then exits the room, hoping that no typos were left behind.*

Peet's Guest Room

Post 5

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

* Peet enters the guest room, smiles at the clothing laid out on the bed, and changes quickly. Wasting no time exploring his surroundings, apart from an appreciative glance at the decor, he returns to the dining room, closing the door behind him.

[I'm sorry if my previous post caused offence - I'm naturally pedantic, and when this is combined with my position as Pedantic Punctuation Policeman I feel it is my sacred duty to draw attention to deviations from standard written English. I don't mean anything by it. smiley - smiley]

Peet's Guest Room

Post 6

(spelling and punctuation are not the same thing)

Peet's Guest Room

Post 7

{Pedantic! smiley - tongueout}

Peet's Guest Room

Post 8

* Not renown for his linear thought processes, Peet unhooks the painting from the wall and examines the back and frame. When he's seen enough, he then spends a little time leafing through the Gideon's Bible, awaiting a description of what he has seen so far before he does anything else... smiley - biggrin

Peet's Guest Room

Post 9

*On the back of the painting is very little. A price tag that indicates this peice was quite expensive. While flipping through the Bible a peice of papper falls out. Noting it's place, Peet sees that it is in the Gospel according to Matthew, on the page detailing the feeding of a large crowd with three fish and some bread. The word "Fish" has been underlined in red every time it appears.

The peice of papper itself contains a list:

Afgncaap5
Garius Lupus
Uncle 'Goriff' Heavy
Peet
Mew
Minos Krymla
Big Bad Werewolf
Lord Blackstone (the Masque)
Yowuzupman
NYC Student
Asteroid Lil
Witty Moniker

on the other side of the list reads:
Revolver
Rope
Broadsword
Stick of Dynamite
Poisoned Darts
Hatchet
Ball and Chain
Knife
Lead Pipe
Wrench
Cyanide
Piano Wire

The word "Knife" has been crossed out in red ink. *

Peet's Guest Room

Post 10

* Peet takes the note, and studiously avoiding the book labelled "Pull Me", heads off to the sitting room.

(Thinks... I'm not pulling at anything if there's a hint of dynamite about,,,)

Peet's Guest Room

Post 11

* Peet returns, armed with several velvet curtain cords. He rummages in the back of the bedstand drawer.

"A-Ha! I thought I saw one there!"

* He removes a small paper-clip, presumably originally used to hold the note into the Gideon's Bible. He then proceeds to tie the curtain cords together into a long rope. When he's finished, he uses the paper clip to attach the rope to the spine of the book labelled "Pull Me". He runs the rope across to the bed, then takes up a position on the floor beneath the heavy iron bedstead and thick matress.

"Better safe than sorry..."

* He tugs the rope, pulling the book from the shelf. Time seems to slow to a crawl as he waits for...

Peet's Guest Room

Post 12

*absolutely nothing to explode. He bookshelf slides inside the wall to reveal a dark room.*

Peet's Guest Room

Post 13

*I mean "The bookshelf", not "He bookshelf". *

Peet's Guest Room

Post 14

* Peet crawls out from under the bed, dusts himself down and approaches the hole in the wall. He peers into the gloom.

Peet's Guest Room

Post 15

*To his left are a set of television monitors, blank. In the far right corner of the room is a doorway... locked*

Peet's Guest Room

Post 16

[Continuity]
Where's the light coming from in my guest room? Is it a portable source, such as a lamp or candle? If not, is such a source available? Failing that, is there a mirror in the room I could use to reflect more light into the dark room? I'm assuming that, since I only have a description of what is to my immediate left and right, that there's not enough light so see the far wall.
[/Continuity]

Peet's Guest Room

Post 17

*The locked door is on the far wall. It's not a very big room. The light of your room comes from an electric light overhead. There may be matches in the drawer of your writting desk, but you'd have to find something to light with them. Of course, if you've seen the X-Files movie you know that there's a continuity loophole allowing all detectives to produce a flashlight from anywhere. So maybe Affy would have one*

Peet's Guest Room

Post 18

Witty Moniker

*WM knocks on Peet's door.*

Peet, are you in there?

Peet's Guest Room

Post 19

(I think he's here but he's not posting...)

Peet's Guest Room

Post 20

"Come in - it's open!"

[Timezone note - it was 3am here when you posted, and I'd just gone to bed, hence the tardy response. Sorry.]

Key: Complain about this post

Peet's Guest Room

More Conversations for Lord Reflection (Brought to you by Dylan Cobb's Continuity Bleach)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more