This is the Message Centre for Zaphod

avoided a close one today

Post 1

Zaphod

I avoided a potentially bad situation today at work. I got a call this morning from the manager of the store where I work...he told me that I was supposed to be there last night while I was under the impression that it was my night off. Well, needless to say neither he nor i was too pleased. I had to get up, shower quickly, and hightail it down there to save my job. It seems that when you work third shift there your schedule is one day ahead (i.e. monday is tuesday for third shift). This completely baffles me, and having NOT been explained to me I naturally assumed that it was like any other schedule.
When I explained to my boss that I had never dealt with a schedule like this before, and that I still did want the job he begrudgingly gave me a second chance. So, after all of the argueing and gnashing of teeth, why am I so depressed that I still have this job?

Key: Complain about this post

avoided a close one today

More Conversations for Zaphod

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more