This is the Message Centre for You can call me TC

NaJoPoMo 2013 - 25 November - TC

Post 1

You can call me TC

Oh well - I missed some again.

To go back to Thursday. On Thursday night my eldest son, sans wife, who had to teach at Marburg University, and sister-in-law, sans boyfriend, who also had to work, my husband and I went for a meal to a local Italian restaurant. I had a dorade, which was filleted for me with flourish on a side table before being arrayed tastefully along with the vegetables set out on the plate. The others had various specialities, my husband chose his favourite, the mussels. The waitress recommended the Weinschaum rather than the usual wine. That is a whipped wine froth. He said it was nice, but just plain cooked in wine was more to his taste.

My sister-in-law had found a calendar with some beautiful photos of church organs and an accompanying CD which she presented me with. My mother sent an e-mail saying that my present was waiting for me.

On Friday I took in the cheese and stuff to work - Oh yes, I mentioned that already - then I had a hairdresser's appointment until 6, and choir practice from 7. That sounds doable, but at about 4 pm the "boss" called us up for a short training session on something or other, and I lost a valuable half-hour, so I had to dash back into the office and finish my own proper work between hairdresser and choir. Good job I'd excused myself from doing the warm-up which I was supposed to be doing. In the end I got in to choir practice half way through (cue for all choirmasters to wince - where's the discipline in that?)

On Saturday I took my time getting up and dressed because it wasn't worth starting anything else as I had to leave for the airport at about 10 am. The flight went fine and despite the pilot telling us that "Ze wethair in Lurndurn is zee same like we leave be'ind in Baden Baden" it wasn't at all. We'd left in dull rain, and arrived at Stansted in bright sunshine.

I got the coach into London as planned, with not much delay, and then discovered to my joy that the Oyster card I'd not used for at least 5 years was still OK and had six pounds forty credit still on it.

The Picadilly line was down due to a defective track however, and I had to walk quite a distance to get to my hotel. I found I was very near the Charles Dickens museum, but time was too short now to visit it.

I think I've bored you enough for now, more later.

Post 2

Icy North

Ooh, you're staying very close to where I work smiley - smiley

Post 3

Researcher 14993127

smiley - frogsmiley - spacereddit

smiley - cat

Post 4

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

[Amy P]

Post 5

Herenna - southpaw for now

smiley - footprints

Post 6

Sho - employed again!

smiley - footprints

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for You can call me TC

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more