This is the Message Centre for You can call me TC

NaJoPoMo 2013 - 22 November - TC

Post 1

You can call me TC

Butter - this time from TC!

Today I brought in some nice crispy bread, some pumpernickel, and loads of delicious smiley - cheesesmiley - cheese cheese and, of course butter - lots of lovely fresh yellow butter, in celebration of my birthday yesterday. Everyone in the office loved it. About half of us do cheesy things like that and the other half provide cake smiley - cake. I have done both, but I do prefer it when there's a cheese board.

The garnish I tried to keep simple: just a bowl of grapes, tomatoes smiley - tomato and cucumber slices.

Mmmmmm.

My changing-diet-in-little-steps is paying off. I have stopped eating between meals and feel better already. I seem to have lost a bit of weight, too. Some of the other little changes I have tried to make (one per day) were things like sitting down slowly, not just dropping into a chair, but using leg and tummy muscles to do it, and replacing at least one cup of tea per day with herbal tea. Now my birthday is over, I shall cut out alloholl altogether. And when the current carton of full fat milk is empty I shall just use the half-fat. We have both in the house, but I use the full fat for cereal in the mornings and a milk drink before bed.

There are so many little changes like that which I can make that I am sure I can find one per day till Christmas. For example, I am now practising the organ after work. The two reasons for this are: 1. The other girls who I was leaving the church free for in the evenings don't seem to be practising any more. 2. I incorporate practising singing smiley - whistle with organ practice, and singing first thing in the morning isn't really a good idea.

The result being that now, instead of cycling DOWN the hill from the church to work after practice, I have to pedal UP the hill to the church on the way back from work. Another couple of calories expended. Yay!

smiley - popcorn

I'm still wondering how to spend tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon in London. I arrive at lunchtime and don't have to be at the theatre till 6 pm. The British Museum isn't far, or I could go shopping, or to Covent Garden .... I'm tempted - after reading Sol's journal, to just go and have a cup of tea at Harrod's, just to say I did it!

Post 2

Gnomon - time to move on

The Sir John Soane's Museum is good.

Post 3

Researcher 14993127

smiley - geeksmiley - spacesmiley - book

smiley - cat

Post 4

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

[Amy P]

Post 5

You can call me TC

That's the one I was trying to think of, Gnomon. Am sitting on the coach into London right now -- hoping we won't get held up in traffic

Post 6

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Plageism! (butter!) smiley - silly Hope you enjoy whatever it is, you find to do in London beforehand Harrds or semwehre simular for smiley - tea sounds good smiley - cake as does the shopping bit smiley - drool (I lovewindow shoping round some of the seriously expensiveshops round the Harrods are; such gorgeous suits (no doubt woman's clothing too), all way* beyond what I could ever afford..... And also way beyond that which I could ever likely have the right body shape to fit into... but they were gorgeous smiley - droolsmiley - blush ) smiley - cheesesmiley - magic

Post 7

You can call me TC

I'd better tell the tale of what I did in London in another journal. I've missed a couple because of not being near a computer. That post above, I wrote from my mobile, but I'm not up to writing a whole journal on it.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for You can call me TC

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more