This is the Message Centre for You can call me TC

NaJoPoMo 2013 - 21 November - TC

Post 1

You can call me TC

Well, today being my birthday, I ought to perk up a bit I suppose. But till I've got my laptop sorted I still have a smiley - ill feeling at the pit of my stomach and despite my bank account and credit card account being untouched I still feel sullied.

That e-mail I got from "Amazon" was, I'm pretty sure, a spoof. There was no Amazon logo and the e-mail didn't come from an Amazon domain. Very fishy. I deleted it. It was asking me to click on a link and promised I wouldn't have to divulge any private details.

At work I was greeted with smiley - hugsmiley - hugsmiley - hugsmiley - hug from all the girls and a present. We'd already agreed that we'd go together to see the second Hunger Games film as we went together to see the first one. So I got a voucher for the cinema AND for the superduper restaurant that's adjoined to the cinema. And a few smiley - 2cents spare for popcorn! smiley - popcorn

The main problem with my laptop being inaccessible at the moment is that I can't get at the e-mails stored there, mainly from my old school friend who I was hoping to meet up with on Saturday. More about that tomorrow.

I must print out my boarding passes - I fly to London in two days! Fortunately, I can print them anywhere and I prefer to do it at work because I've had trouble with the scanners at the airport reading the barcode printed by the inkjet printer at home. At work it's a laser printer and the quality is better.

Lanzababy, Metal Chicken and Sol write such stylish, readable journals. I'm sorry mine are so factual and in such prosaic prose. Theirs are really written for an audience. As are Pebblederook's - aah Pebblederook's - and Beatrice's descriptions..........

Enjoy them while they last!

Post 2

You can call me TC

Oh yes, the weather. A friend who lives a bit further out in the hills said she had snow this morning. All the French people I have spoken to so far (Mulhouse, Lyon) have snow, too - 30 cm apparently, in Lyon. Well, those in the region parisienne don't have it yet, but it's right down the Alps, quite far South, apparently.

Post 3

Researcher 14993127

Happy Burpday. smiley - spacesmiley - giftsmiley - spacesmiley - bubblysmiley - spacesmiley - biggrin

smiley - cat

Post 4

Sho - employed again!

ohhh happy birthday!!!
smiley - cake

Post 5

Witty Moniker

Happy birthday, TC! smiley - bubbly

Post 6

Gnomon - time to move on

I'd say that you weren't hacked. The e-mail pretending to be from Amazon was just standard spam - I get about 3 of these a day. And it is coincidence that it arrived while you can't get onto your laptop.

Something has happened to stop you logging in - either the password has been accidentally changed or there is something wrong with the keyboard so that it doesn't recognise one or more of the keys you pressed.

Did you try the things I suggested two days ago?

Post 7

Gnomon - time to move on

Another thing you could do is remove the hard disk from the laptop, connect it to a standard PC and copy all the files from it to the PC, for backup purposes. You'll need someone with lots of PC cables of various sizes in order to do this.

It won't help you find your password, but your photos and other things won't be lost.

Post 8

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

It's my husband's birthday too, and we're thinking of watching The Hunger Games on his day off as a late birthday datesmiley - ok

Post 9

Superfrenchie

smiley - gift Happy birthday! smiley - smiley

Post 10

Metal Chicken

Happy Birthday TC! smiley - cakesmiley - gift

PS. Thanks for the nice mention smiley - blush

Post 11

You can call me TC

Thank you all for the birthday wishes.

I am at my mother's at the moment. I've been here since yesterday. And left Germany on Saturday morning. I haven't done anything to my laptop yet, Gnomon, because I really need to have a decent amount of time to myself and not be too tired to concentrate on it.

Better write some more journals now, I'm rather behind, due to not being able to get on line. And I must check my flight back - I'm due to leave in just over an hour to fly back home again.

Post 12

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

oo, happy belated now, birthday ! smiley - giftsmiley - bubbly HOpe the laptop trubbles get sorted smiley - grovel

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for You can call me TC

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more