A Conversation for Three Basics of Electronics

KVL

Post 21

Man of Legend

like i said please change this. can somebody supply the text book definition as my text books are about 200 miles away, and I haven't looked at electronics since may-ish. this probably explains why it was wrong in the first place. Ohm's law may need correcting as well as it should be something like "Voltage (V) is the product of Current (I) and Resistance (R), for DC circuits or AC circuits containing no capacitors or inductors". don't take my word for this definition, but I think it's fairly close.

peta can you include gifs as i would like some in there.

my next articles will probably be:

power,
resistance,
capacitance,
inductance,
AC.

give us a shout if you think i should do anything else.

KVL

Post 22

Man of Legend

if you check out gnomon's comment in the "resistance" forum he has a better description of ohm's law

KVL

Post 23

Ashley

Man of Legend

Could you give me the exact text you would like me to replace - I'll do it as soon as I hear from you.

Cheers for now smiley - smiley

Ashley

KVL

Post 24

Peta

Hi Man of Legend

Crusader will change the text for you. I can't give you a gif I'm afraid, they're ordered when the entry is edited and we don't have a big enough art team to give every entry art. Sorry about that...

smiley - stout

KVL

Post 25

Man of Legend

ashley or crusader pls ask cefpret or gnomon for the correct definitions as i do not have any text books with me and any definition i give you, could, to coin a phrase, be wholey inaccurate.

I've got this funny feeling that ashley and crusader might end up overwriting each other.

KVL

Post 26

Peta

Yes quite possibly, they're the same person. Ashley used to be known as Crusader on h2g2, I didn't realise he'd changed his name over to his real one, which is Ashley.

So sorry for the confusion, they're one and the same. smiley - biggrin

KVL

Post 27

Man of Legend

hehe, I thought that might be the case.

KVL

Post 28

Ashley

Can somebody give me a simple definition so I can include it....

Pleasesmiley - smiley

I'll even throw in a smiley - ale

KVL

Post 29

Gnomon - time to move on

KVL: This law states that the sum of the voltages across all the components in any closed loop in a circuit equals zero. Components can be resistors, batteries and so on.

Ohm's Law: This law states that the voltage across a resistor is equal to the resistance multiplied by the current through the resistor.

KVL

Post 30

Man of Legend

gnomon, beautiful, I couldn't have said it any better my self.

oh, but then we already know that then don't we smiley - biggrin

KVL

Post 31

Gnomon - time to move on

No hard feelings, Mangled Leg End! I really don't care who says it, as long as it's right. I tried to get my sentences to match the style of your ones so that it will blend in.

All the best smiley - stout

KVL

Post 32

Man of Legend

i've just re-read my definition of Ohm's law. I think i was drunk at the time, because I don't think i've ever had it explained to me in that way before. I hope this doesn't lead to me getting other things wrong while I'm drunk (as the actress said to the bishop).

KVL

Post 33

Ashley

Thanks Guys - it should all be better now.

smiley - alesmiley - ale

KVL

Post 34

Man of Legend

very good, cheers

where do you get the smilles from

KVL

Post 35

Ashley

If you want to see the definitive list for smileys, go to this link:

http://www.h2g2.com/Smiley

Go Crazy

KVL

Post 36

Gnomon - time to move on

But you have to put the smiley codes in lower case:

just appears as text
< devil > (without the spaces) appears as smiley - devil

KVL

Post 37

Man of Legend

very good, i hope to be using obscure smilles in the near future.

KVL

Post 38

Man of Legend

btw lunch time drinking has affected my ability to spell "smiley(s)"

KVL

Post 39

Ashley

... and my ability to type smileys... smiley - winkeye

KVL

Post 40

Man of Legend

Ashley is there any way I can use fonts on the site
i've got a cracking pokemon one and i'm desperate to use it.

Key: Complain about this post