This is the Message Centre for renoles

First entry and thoughts of the day...

Post 1

renoles

First entry in trying to personalize this little corner of the universe. Which brings up another thought: Can the universe, which is amorphous, have corners? Right - back to the actual thoughts of the day. First - after a short perusal of this Guide I've noted a distinct lack of American biscuit recipes, with note to Southern biscuits in particular, and so I shall be researching and writing a bit on that in the next few days (it will occupy some of my time). Second - it's nigh on to impossible to find motor accesories in British Racing Green in the States. I had this cracking thought as I was mired in traffic this morning - I recently had to (yes, had) purchase a new vehicle - let's dress up this nice but rather drab interior with some BRG accessories: seat covers, perhaps a gear lever top, maybe even floor mats. This is not to say that the gray interior isn't pleasant but I think bits of color, especially a proper motoring color, go a long way to help things out. This is what goes through my mind as I sit in the worst commuting traffic in the States. I also thought that I was appallingly low on certain "essential" items in my pantry - such as tins of beans, tomato soup, and Branston pickle (yes, this is one Yank who visited and left with a permanent hankering for such things. I still don't understand Marmite/Vegemite...ick...). I need to make a stop at my local stockist of all such things (Yes, some of the peculiar linguistics also stuck and more are being added). I was also rather distressed to hear about McVities halting production on the plain chocolate biscuits (HobNobs I think, but I need to re-read that particular item) and since the prices of packets of those essential tea time biscuits are approaching astronomical ($5US for the 300gm packet) I went in search of a recipe to make my own. I found one through the Great British Kitchen. I'll be baking up several batches soon and stocking my freezer so that I can enjoy them often. I think that's enough for now. I'm certain to post more in the near future.

Key: Complain about this post

First entry and thoughts of the day...

More Conversations for renoles

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more