A Conversation for Perth, Western Australia

Memories

Post 1

Magician

After reading the article I checked the date, 12 October 2000, which was exactly 3 days after I left Perth and moved to Sydney.
I used to live in Hillarys (note the single "r") and it is a lovely place to swim isn't it.

The article is great, well written and informative and very much does it show off the essence of Perth; laid back, easy going, small, quiet, perfect.

I miss it I can tell you, after living in Sydney for almost a year, where people would not stop to help you if your car broke down(some may even try to run over you), where it is not small and not laid back I am seriously considering moving back to MY home which is Perth.

Your article about Rottnest was great, but you forgot to mention that in reality, West Australians tend not to tell other people about it, because it is OUR place to go for holidays, not a place for tourists (oh and the kids can also get bitten by rather nasty snakes who get rather irritable at being run over by the numerous bikes).

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Perth, Western Australia

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more